Title: Visual Effects (VFX) Artist
Location: Downtown Vancouver
Duration: 18 month contract
IFG in on the search for a Visual Effects Artist to support our clients team; a global IT giant in the gaming industry.
The VFX Artist is responsible for creating and implementing high-end real-time visual FX. The artist must collaborate with the VFX team and workflow engineers to generate state of the art visual FX. The VFX Artist is expected to liaison with Design and other stakeholders to ensure their VFX meet the gameplay goals. The VFX Artist will also help to define the VFX pipeline, while pushing the boundaries of real-time VFX on Xbox One.
- Translate reference and 2D concept artwork into VFX.
- Translate written and verbal direction into VFX solutions.
- Work closely with Design and Programming.
- Ensure the VFX meet necessary performance and gameplay expectations.
- Rapid prototyping of VFX utilizing varying techniques.
- Implementing high end VFX that run efficiently on target.
- Must have 5+ years of experience in video games, film/television. Experience shipping AAA games preferable.
- Art-related degree and/or comparable professional experience.
- Deep understanding of real time VFX techniques and their pros and cons.
- Ability to create content pipelines with ease of content creation in mind.
- Proven ability to work in photo-real art style.
- Experience with Unreal Engine preferred.
- Experience with a 3D package (Maya or 3dsMax), and Photoshop.
- Experience creating VFX shaders.
- Ability to organize and manage time effectively to meet deadlines.
- Technically as well as artistically minded.
- Comfortably work with Design and Programming disciplines.
- Desire to push real-time VFX work to the next level. Think outside of the box.
- Houdini experience a plus.
- Mel or Python scripting experience a plus.
For consideration, please email your resume to Sydney@ifgpr.com with “ Visual Effects Artist” in the subject line.