Senior FP&A Analyst
IFG's client awarded for their company and culture, is hiring to due promotion. The Senior FP&A Analyst is primarily responsible for supporting the FP&A group with weekly/monthly/quarterly forecast updates, management reporting and various financial ad-hoc analysis. You will also play a key role to develop the corporate financial plan by coordinating with plant controllers and corporate functional groups, consolidating multi-site operating plans, and conducting analyses of year-over-year submissions The Senior FP&A Analyst will also be responsible for maintaining the company’s forecast database management tool -IBM Cognos TM1.
- Coordinate and lead monthly financial analysis and forecasting for cokemaking and logistics operations; such analysis and forecasting will include corporate expenses, plant operations as to earnings before interest, taxes, and amortization (EBITA), capital expenditures, working capital, and other financial factors
- Lead monthly cross-functional meetings related to forecasting to inform departments and seek alignment to achieve business goals
- Prepare monthly financial reports of actual results for management using Excel, PowerPoint, and other tools; complete variance analysis of actual results to budget and forecast; identify and analyze trends;
- Develop and maintain models to forecast and budget with detailed analysis of cost factors; apply models to project and analyze potential operating scenarios using net present value (NPV) and internal rate of return (IRR) to aid management's decision making
- Identify and recommend potential process improvement initiatives; support and participate in cost analysis projects and implementation of cost control initiatives
- Assist in maintaining and troubleshooting the company's managerial reporting system, which uses IBM Cognos (TM1) and Oracle Cloud
- Identify and resolve issues related to the managerial reporting system
- Support project initiatives using the managerial reporting system
- Maintain and publish weekly sales, production, and inventory reports
- Support other project initiatives involving financial analysis, forecasting, planning, and support; and perform related budget and financial analysis and planning duties as assigned
- Demonstrated experience in financial modelling
- Strong financial analysis skills and strong aptitude for quantitative analysis
- Knowledge and understanding of principles, theories and techniques of financial forecasting.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills with the knowledge of various functions (vlookups, sumifs, pivot tables, conditional formatting, etc.)
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively manage priorities and projects in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a matrix environment.
- Strong work ethic
- High level of attention to detail and thoroughness.
- Ability to work independently
- Comfortable in interacting at all levels both internal and external to the organization
- Ability to manage company and financial information in a confidential and professional manner
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS / WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related discipline
- 2+ years of experience in financial planning and analysis, including budgeting analysis and forecasting
- Experienced in financial forecasting using Business Intelligence tools, IBM Cognos BI, IBM TM1, Hyperion or similar
- Experienced in preparing and presenting business analysis to management and using Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint, including advanced functions such as VLookups, if statements, pivot tables, conditional formatting, and others
- Oracle Cloud reporting experience a plus
Please email your resume to the following for immediate consideration: firstname.lastname@example.org