IFG's publicly traded, manufacturing client in the western suburbs is looking to add a difference maker, with career growth on their agenda, to their growing accounting team. The company's mission is to create value by delivering high-performing and innovative solutions that solve its customers’ challenges. The company has over 1,500 employees globally and doubled in size over the past two years!
The Manager of Technical Accounting, you will play a meaningful role in their financial reporting process. You will be responsible for assessing complex transactions, reviewing and preparing accounting memos, updating accounting policies, and supporting M&A activity and valuations. You will have detailed knowledge of GAAP and will need to collaborate with various departments and levels of management. You will report to the Director, Accounting and External Financial Reporting.
This opportunity will offer a competitive compensation structure and a benefit suite that is sure to impress that includes: tremendous 401K match, ample paid time off, employee discounted stock purchase plan, onsite gym, etc.
- Provide project-based leadership of accounting standard adoption or implementation projects
- Review and prepare technical accounting memos and white papers:
- Address new accounting standards, US GAAP and SEC guidance
- Document analysis of unusual or complex transactions
- Review complex revenue or procurement contracts to ensure proper accounting treatment
- Manage CMC's global accounting policies, updating for changes in US GAAP and business practices
- Assess related procedures for internal control / SOX considerations
- Oversee valuation-related activities, including the annual goodwill impairment assessment
- Accounting support for merger & acquisition activity
- Support due diligence and advise the Business Development team of accounting considerations
- Oversee purchase accounting, including reviews of the opening balance sheet, goodwill, acquired intangibles, and harmonize accounting policies
- Assist the External Financial Reporting team with technical matters
- Collaborate with the Internal Audit and External Audit teams, providing appropriate support
- Exposure to multiple financial systems, including Oracle and SAP
- Bachelor’s Accounting or a related discipline is required; Master's Degree meeting the same criteria is preferred
- CPA is required
- 5 + years of accounting experience
- Public accounting experience is highly desired; ideally serving SEC registrants
- Supervisory or team leadership experience is a plus
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and strong technical accounting research skills
For immediate consideration, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org