Seeking an organized, multi-tasking Accounting Manager with strong technical accounting acumen and strong problem-solving skills to lead the financial reporting function of dynamic organization, ensuring the reporting of financial information internally and externally is timely and accurate; perform accounting and reconciliation of corporate-level activities, such as debt and equity; and directly supervise staff responsible for journal entry preparation, billings, cash management, account reconciliations, monthly analytics, budgeting, and audit preparation.
Responsibilities of the Accounting Manager
- Ensures accounting activity is recorded in accordance with US GAAP.
- Coordinates the timely and accurate completion of account reconciliations. Performs necessary accounting research to achieve and maintain compliance with US GAAP.
- Oversees the preparation of monthly journal entries and supporting schedules for facilities and departments. Prepares corporate-level monthly journal entries and supporting schedules.
- Ensures the timely and accurate reporting of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and supporting information.
- Prepares periodic conversion of financial information from US GAAP to IFRS.
- Coordinates the preparation and processing of monthly billings (customer invoices) in accordance with both contractual terms and US GAAP revenue recognition standards.
- Coordinates the preparation and processing of monthly royalty calculations in accordance with contact terms.
- Assists in preparing annual operating budget.
- Oversees the monitoring and accounting for capital project additions, including spend vs. budget, related asset disposals, and related depreciation.
- Assists in the development, implementation and maintenance of policies and procedures.
- Supports external audits, facility and department managers.
Requirements of the Accounting Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- At least 7 years of accounting experience. Experience working in publicly traded companies is preferred. Solid understanding of GAAP and deep financial reporting experience required. IFRS knowledge preferred
- CPA required.
- Strong organizational and time management skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of accounting software, Microsoft Dynamics SL a plus.
International Financial Group provides you a competitive advantage in securing your next career opportunity with career coaching, assistance in drafting a more effective resume, and a guide to help you effectively prepare for interviews. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply.
We are an experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated group of professionals working together to deliver a customized strategy that exceeds the needs and expectations of our candidates and clients. Our strict focus on Finance, Accounting, Tax & Audit allows us to remain agile and deeply engaged. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the candidates we represent and the specific needs and requirements of our clients. We understand that clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as to assist them with the successful execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional initiatives. We serve as trusted advisors, building lasting relationships with both the candidates we represent and our clients to ensure overall success; and have been recognized for our flexibility and ability to truly create a solution where everyone benefits, while never compromising quality.
We welcome the opportunity to meet with you and discuss in greater detail how we can be of assistance.