Looking for a proactive and organized Payroll Manager with proven leadership skills to direct the day-to-day activities and efforts required to capture and track employee time and attendance; calculate and process payroll; and prepare and submit payroll-related tax forms, tax payments, tax reporting, and Form W-2’s. The Payroll Manager also ensures that payroll is processed timely and accurately; is compliant with various government contracts, Federal, State, and Local agencies; and is compliant with the company’s payroll policies.
Responsibilities of the Payroll Manager
- Leads and manages key activities, including timekeeping, PTO/leave policy, termination processing, pay group assignment, Form W-4 processing, Form W-2 processing, one-time payments, garnishments, election verification, and other routine payroll processing activities.
- Directs the efforts required to ensure the timely and accurate calculation, preparation and submission of payroll-related tax forms, tax payments, tax reporting and W-2 generation and reporting.
- Resolves all pay and time/attendance issues and ensures all pay processing is completed accurately and timely.
- Manages the off cycle pay process and any required retro pay processes.
- Makes hiring and termination decisions; coaches, mentors, and motivates staff; provides rewards and recognition; and conducts performance management.
- Plans, organizes, staffs, directs, and controls the day-to-day operations of the department.
- Coordinates and manages Workday and Kronos enhancement design and maintenance activities.
- Develops and implements policies and programs as necessary.
- Develops, manages, and continuously improves the procedures and controls required to ensure regulatory compliance and the timely and efficient processing and distribution across all pay cycles.
- Fulfills routine / required reporting and audit requests.
Requirements of the Payroll Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- At least 8 years of high-volume payroll processing experience, with at least 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Prior experience with Workday and/or Kronos.
International Financial Group provides you a competitive advantage in securing your next career opportunity with career coaching, assistance in drafting a more effective resume, and a guide to help you effectively prepare for interviews. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply.
We are an experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated group of professionals working together to deliver a customized strategy that exceeds the needs and expectations of our candidates and clients. Our strict focus on Finance, Accounting, Tax & Audit allows us to remain agile and deeply engaged. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the candidates we represent and the specific needs and requirements of our clients. We understand that clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as to assist them with the successful execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional initiatives. We serve as trusted advisors, building lasting relationships with both the candidates we represent and our clients to ensure overall success; and have been recognized for our flexibility and ability to truly create a solution where everyone benefits, while never compromising quality.
We welcome the opportunity to meet with you and discuss in greater detail how we can be of assistance.