Title: Senior Layout Artist
Duration: Contract (Start in November)
IFG is seeking a highly creative and motivated Senior Layout Artist. In this position, you will be expected to help define and realize our client cinematic vision by creating a sequence of shots that help convey story and ideas.
- Work with Cinematics Director, Lead Layout Artist, and various departments of the Game and Cinematics Teams to establish camera composition & movement, character blocking, shot edits and environment needs as part of our pre-visualization and motion capture process.
- Technical layout and setup of shots in Motion Builder, Maya and Unreal for the cinematic team to work with.
- Editing, timing of shots and sound, using Premiere.
- Tell stories and convey emotions through cinematic cameras. Work with tonal variety including humorous, action, and serious emotional scenes.
- Work with pacing and shot direction represented in storyboard and script but bring creative solutions to strengthen our scenes.
- Create seamless transitions between gameplay and cinematics.
- Camera polish and editing post-animation.
- To quickly adopt an in-depth understanding of the proprietary tools and processes that are used on the layout team.
- To foresee layout team needs and communicate needs and tool requests effectively.
- To aid production with team dependencies, estimates and scheduling.
- Ability to onboard and train new layout artists as needed.
- Must have 5+ years of experience in video games, film/television or equivalent.
- Art-related degree and/or comparable professional experience.
- Exceptional visual and technical understanding of cameras, previs, editing, and layouts.
- Excellent understanding of cinematic language, including strong emotional storytelling through staging, composition, and editing.
- Solid knowledge of camera lenses and traditional principles of cinematography, as well as a solid understanding of the principles of animation.
- Ability to offer creative problem-solving ideas to any difficult cinematic sequences.
- Ability to organize and manage time effectively to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate in a professional and positive manner.
- Must have decent working knowledge of Maya, Motion Builder and Premiere.
- Unreal Engine or other games engine experience a plus.
- Real Time cinematics production experience a plus.
- Animation, Rigging, Motion Capture and Video Editing experience a plus.
For consideration, please email your resume to Mashail@ifgpr.com with " Senior Layout Artist " in the subject line.