Job Title: Global Technical Accounting & Reporting Manager (Technical Accounting & Financial Reporting Group)
Company Location: Near North Chicago suburbs
Industry: Service Industry
Start Date: September / October 2019
Overview / Summary:
This is a newly created position. The Global Technical Accounting & Reporting Manager reports to the Director of Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting. This person will play an important role in helping UL to comply with US GAAP/IFRS while maintaining a compliant control environment. The key aspects of this role will entail drafting financial statements, performing technical research, drafting white papers, preparing financial models, and interacting with the Company's external auditors. This role will assist with maintaining Company accounting policies and with implementing new accounting standards.
- Supervise, train, develop and motivate the team.
- Prepare financial statement and disclosures and be responsible for complete support package to numbers in the filings including completion of the GAAP checklist and other applicable disclosure checklists
- A key team member for several internal control processes, including Financial Statement Review and Disclosure and Consolidations, and coordinate testing and review for those processes
- Provide assistance to external auditors during quarterly review and annual audit processes.
- Research potential impact of new accounting and SEC standards on financial statements and disclosures.
- Coordinate pre-close preparation calls and monthly close calls with each business unit and international accounting teams, monitor key areas to be addressed as a result of the discussions held in these calls
- Prepare monthly internal management financial reports, as needed, with documented detailed analysis provided to senior management and used for final review of results
- Provide external reporting information to regulatory authorities as required and necessary, such as government surveys.
- Lead/participate in special projects as assigned.
Specialized Knowledge / Skills:
- Supervisory or team leadership experience required
- Experience working with international business units is a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of US GAAP is required combined with the ability to research and propose company positions on complex accounting issues
- Strong analytical and technical accounting research skills. Familiar with US GAAP, SEC, PCAOB and IFRS
- Experience working with HFM, Workiva, or Oracle is a plus.
- SEC reporting experience is a plus.
- Focus on generating high quality deliverables. Attention to details as the deliverables will be published documents.
- Able to work with detailed information while also being able to perceive and define the larger/underlying issues and drivers.
- Ability to understand and develop alternative solutions for issues and concerns.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad group of users with different backgrounds and languages.
- Ability to coordinate resources required for completion of tasks/projects.
- CPA required
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in Accounting required (Master’s preferred)
- 5 – 8 years of progressive accounting experience
o 3+ years of public accounting experience a plus
For immediate consideration, please email your resume in Word format to Cameron Wall at firstname.lastname@example.org.