IFG's publicly traded, manufacturing client in the western suburbs is looking to add a difference maker to their growing accounting team. The company's mission is to create value by delivering high-performing and innovative solutions that solve its customers’ challenges. The company has over 1,500 employees globally and doubled in size over the past two years!
You will play a meaningful role in their financial reporting process. You will be responsible for assisting in the preparation of financial statements in accordance with US GAAP. You will work on complex transactions having detailed knowledge of GAAP and will need to collaborate with various departments and levels of management. Work complexity will vary from routine month-end to highly complex assignments requiring strong business acumen. .
The key responsibilities include:
- Perform various account analyses, prepare and post journal entries to Oracle and reconcile activity for month end close. Work on multifaceted accounting transactions and analyses
- Prepare elimination and consolidation entries and reports in Oracle and SAP BPC.
- Support the external reporting process, preparing financial statements and footnote support and documentation. Use Workiva Wdesk to help prepare and file Forms 10-Q, 10-K, and other SEC filings, as required, including XBRL tagging.
- Create and update Oracle financial statement generator (FSG) reports based on global accounting department needs.
- Research new accounting requirements and new business situations identifying implications to our business, develop appropriate accounting procedures and draft accounting memos as necessary.
- Review detail of general ledger for accounting accuracy, completeness and compliance. Monitor account activity for unanticipated fluctuation in balances.
- Support Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 by participating in planned audits of processes, maintaining files and documentation of procedures, and monitoring activities as needed.
- Identify and develop continuous improvement within area of specialization. Lead and influence the execution of related change activities
- Provide support to internal and external auditors and other Finance department functions as required.
- Perform other related duties or special projects as needed. Respond to inquiries and other ad-hoc analysis.
Desire and Required Characteristics:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline is required.
- CPA is required.
- Experience in public accounting is highly desired; ideally serving public companies / SEC registrants.
- Experience with Oracle Financial Applications and/or SAP is a plus.
- 3 -10 + years accounting experience required.
- Experience in monthly close process and global consolidation.
Some of the benefits included are, but not limited to:
- Compensation – Competitive Salary plus performance-based bonus
- Global Organization and Global exposure
- 401k plan – significant match program
- Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision and Insurance beginning on day 1
- Generous Paid Time Off & Parental Leave Program
- A generous ESPP program
- Educational Assistance Program and Training
For immediate consideration, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org