Currently looking for a self-directed, detail-oriented Property Accountant for a Real Estate & Property Management company on the move. Due to recent growth, the company is seeking a Property Accounting to support the day to day accounting functions for the organization and assist with special projects. Interested candidates should have at least 4 years of overall experience, with a minimum of 2 years’ prior Property Management experience.
Responsibilities of the Property Accountant
- Manage the account receivable function, to include calculating CAM estimates; preparing tenant billings; reconciling retail tenant accounts; and preparing the monthly Rent report.
- Manage the fixed assets function., to include recording asset additions and disposals; and calculating and recording depreciation and amortization of fixed assets.
- Provide back-up the accounts payable and payroll functions when necessary.
- Perform month-end closing responsibilities, journal entries, and account reconciliations.
Requirements of the Property Accountant
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- At least 4 years of overall accounting experience, with a minimum of 2 years’ prior Property Management experience.
- Proficient in Property Management accounting software, Excel, and Word.
International Financial Group provides you a competitive advantage in securing your next career opportunity with career coaching, assistance in drafting a more effective resume, and a guide to help you effectively prepare for interviews. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply.
We are an experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated group of professionals working together to deliver a customized strategy that exceeds the needs and expectations of our candidates and clients. Our strict focus on Finance, Accounting, Tax & Audit allows us to remain agile and deeply engaged. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the candidates we represent and the specific needs and requirements of our clients. We understand that clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as to assist them with the successful execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional initiatives. We serve as trusted advisors, building lasting relationships with both the candidates we represent and our clients to ensure overall success; and have been recognized for our flexibility and ability to truly create a solution where everyone benefits, while never compromising quality.
We welcome the opportunity to meet with you and discuss in greater detail how we can be of assistance.