Company: Pharmaceutical Manufacturer
Job Title: Senior Credit and Collections Analyst, Wholesale
Location: Northwest Chicago Suburbs
Responsible for overall A/R performance for a large portfolio of customer accounts. Demonstrate customer account management by establishing ongoing customer account communication and building relationships to ensure timely invoice payments, adherence to payment terms and timely deduction resolution. Identify potential customer credit risk and minimize excessive past due AR transactions. Establish and cultivate effective business relationships with internal cross-functional business partners (Sales, Customer Service, Chargebacks & Rebates, Commercial Operations, etc.) to resolve customer collection and deduction issues.
- Responsible for high volume of customer accounts (or dollars) and/or critical customer accounts.
- Review customer aging and resolve excessive past due AR transactions.
- Initiate customer collection efforts and ensure adherence to payment terms while supporting sales growth opportunities and minimizing bad debt write-off risk.
- Understand root causes for late-payment behavior and initiate appropriate action to correct behavior.
- Review pending orders “flagged” for potential credit risk situations, determine appropriate action (i.e., release or hold) and initiate “Credit Hold” decisions (or escalate to AR management for approval for key customers per policy). Communicate formal “Credit Holds” decisions (and subsequent “Credit Releases”) to the customer and internal departments. Understand key drivers for each credit risk situation and initiate action to resolve recurring issues.
- Evaluate credit risk status, credit limits and credit terms routinely for active customer accounts.
- Research and resolve customer deductions in a timely manner through cross-functional collaboration (e.g., Sales, Customer Service, Commercial Operations, Chargebacks & Rebates teams).
- Leverage SAP systems to document customer collection communication, deduction resolution efforts and recovery efforts for unauthorized deductions.
- Reconcile related debit and credit AR transactions in a timely manner and submit AR offsets requests to AR Coordinator for processing.
- Review and resolve aged credit memos via customer deduction or AR refund requests.
- Identify and resolve on-account or customer overpayments in a timely manner.
- Identify customer candidates and initiate action to improve cash flow and billing efficiencies via electronic billing and payment methods.
- Deliver monthly AR results and achieve team/individual KPI’s.
- Continuously seek opportunities for process improvement and department efficiencies.
- Provide training to new C&C team members on SAP systems and department processes.
- Support AR management with special projects, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum five years of related credit and collections experience required, or High School degree and over ten years of related credit and collections experience required.
- Pharmaceutical wholesaler and/or direct customer experience preferred.
- Strong customer account relationship skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to handle numerous details, deadlines and requests.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, effectively prioritize multiple tasks and execute assignments with a high level of urgency.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Some travel may be needed to cultivate customer relationships.
- SAP experience desired or equivalent ERP experience preferred.
- MS Word and Excel experience required.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume in Word format with compensation history to Cameron Wall at firstname.lastname@example.org.