Looking for a Senior Auditor to join a high-performing Internal Audit team viewed as a strategic business partner to the organization. The Senior Auditor is integral in auditing the company's financial records, internal controls, compliance with regulations, company policies, and third-party service providers. The Senior Auditor will take a fresh approach to provide beneficial solutions based on data and business processes, provide leadership to the staff and team, and identifies opportunities and to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the audit approach.
Responsibilities of the Senior Auditor
- Play a key role in the execution of the annual audit plan, including Sarbanes-Oxley 404 management testing, compliance or operational audits.
- Executes the audit planning process including assessment of risk to determine frequency and scope of future audit work. Develops and updates audit programs, ICQs and permanent audit files.
- Recommends audit scope focusing on key areas of risk and concern.
- Manages daily progress of fieldwork including organizing, delegating and controlling work assignments.
- Provides on-site direction to staff members in the completion of audit assignments.
- Develops appropriate budgets and monitors audit progress to ensure audits are completed within the established time constraints.
- Reviews work papers to ensure compliance with established standards and the existence of adequate supporting documentation for the audit work completed.
- Prepares audit reports in accordance with established report writing standards. Opines on the adequacy and effectiveness of the systems of internal control. Develops meaningful recommendations for management to improve the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of controls and operations.
- Reviews audit findings, recommendations and corrective action with the audit management
- Performs research on new audit techniques, special projects, accounting pronouncements and regulatory issues as directed.
- Conducts meetings with management upon commencement and completion of the audit to discuss scope and significant audit issues.
- Performs special assignments commensurate with areas of general and specialized knowledge.
- Ensure compliance, quality, and operational processes are functioning efficiently, effectively and in accordance with company policy.
- Assist in training and mentoring assigned staff.
Requirements of the Senior Auditor
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration. 3.0 minimum GPA. Master's Degree in Accounting a plus.
- At least 4 years’ experience in public accounting, internal audit, internal controls, or financial reporting. Experience in the banking or financial services industry, and SOX/internal controls testing preferred.
- Professional certification (CPA, CIA) or pursuing.
- Knowledge of electronic workpaper software and ACL or other data analytic software.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization, analytical, and leadership skills. Ability to effectively communicate with all areas and management levels within the company; and work well both independently and in a cohesive team environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
International Financial Group provides you a competitive advantage in securing your next career opportunity with career coaching, assistance in drafting a more effective resume, and a guide to help you effectively prepare for interviews. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply.
We are an experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated group of professionals working together to deliver a customized strategy that exceeds the needs and expectations of our candidates and clients. Our strict focus on Finance, Accounting, Tax & Audit allows us to remain agile and deeply engaged. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the candidates we represent and the specific needs and requirements of our clients. We understand that clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as to assist them with the successful execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional initiatives. We serve as trusted advisors, building lasting relationships with both the candidates we represent and our clients to ensure overall success; and have been recognized for our flexibility and ability to truly create a solution where everyone benefits, while never compromising quality.
We welcome the opportunity to meet with you and discuss in greater detail how we can be of assistance.