The mission of the Search Engineer Architect will be to maximize the online “search experience” for Retailers, Wholesale customers, and the consumer. This goal is to be achieved by leveraging search optimization techniques and technology and applying to each of the existing search environments. This newly created position will involve collaboration with internal business partners wanting to maximize the search experience for each of the “search consumers” they support.
What you’ll do
- Identify and execute data-driven, search optimization opportunities across all search platforms resulting in continuous, measurable, and tangible search effectiveness improvement.
- Assist in the creation of a “search effectiveness” roadmap and strategy for all of the search platforms.
- Collaborate and align with members of the business who serve as platform owners for each of the search environments.
- Maintain “cross platform” approach in identifying, assessing, and executing any search optimization / tuning opportunity.
- Design and build search metrics / scorecard which provide visibility as to the overall “health” of search on each of the search platforms.
- Identify, justify, and implement tools needed to maintain an agreed-upon degree of “search effectiveness”
- Establish and maintain relationships with external organizations / individuals who can provide guidance, input, and assistance regarding search-oriented direction and execution of the search objectives.
- Collaborate with IT Technical Engineering team members to ensure high performing, high availability search environment.
What you need to succeed
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience required including a minimum of 2-3 years software development experience and a minimum of 3-4 years of direct SOLR Search responsibilities
- SOLR index creation
- Experience in relevancy and findability techniques
- Data retrieval via rest webservices / XML / JSON
- Performance testing
- Daily search administrative tasks including monitoring of search health while ensuring daily availability of search services and data
- Experience with integration of search results with web applications.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent
- Agile methodology experience
- Lucidworks Fusion expertise preferred
- Strong commitment to self-directed team concept
- Strong communication and Leadership skills
- Ability to communicate effectively throughout all levels of the organization
- Must have the ability to lead, influence and own complex search projects
For immediate consideration, please send resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Thank you!