Our client is a global player in the alternative asset management industry and needs an experienced Accountant/Accounting Manager (on a 6-12 months contract) to handle the growing volume of day-to-day accounting and administrative tasks for its venture capital funds. The role will be based out of Montreal. You are either located in Montreal or have the ability and proven experience to travel to/from Montreal every Monday morning returning Friday after work. If this is of interest to you, please we need to talk!
The role is very hands-on and responsible for all aspects of accounting for their venture capital funds. Specifics include, but are not limited to:
- General Accounting & Administration
- Investment Portfolio Accounting
- Capital Account Accounting
- Return calculation and Limited Partner reporting (capital call, distribution notices etc)
- Other ad hoc duties and special projects as assigned.
To be considered for this role, our client is looking for someone with the following qualifications;
- CPA, CA or CPA, CGA preferred [or equivalent] with two to three years experience accounting for closed-end private equity or venture capital funds.
- Detailed, hands-on and execution oriented. You will be doing all the work!
- Advanced MS Excel skills
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please submit a word copy of your resume in confidence to Toronto@ifgpr.com
For all other opportunities, please refer to www.ifg-global.com.