Our client is an established Oil and Gas company and is seeking an experienced candidate for a 3 month contract to hire Assistant Controller position. This is a great opportunity for candidates with experience managing a team of 3 to start and will provide exposure to multiple reporting entities.
The successful Assistant Controller will be both hands on and have the composure to work directly with senior management and meeting tight reporting deadlines.
As an Assistant Controller you will be responsible for the following;
- Leading and directing the preparation of the consolidated financial statements under IFRS reporting including the budgets and forecasts
- Ensuring that all operational accounting deliverables are accurate and timely including the AP, AR, Payroll, JV Accounting, General Ledger GL Reconciliation and Indirect Tax
- Prepare high level summaries to senior management
To be considered for the role, our client is looking for someone with the following skills;
- Completion of a professional accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA, ACCA, ACA)
- Minimum 9 years of accounting experience
- Minimum 4 years of people leadership experience in an accounting group
- Excellent communication skills, able to effectively mentor team and provide value added insight to senior leadership
- Willingness to work in a challenging and demanding environment
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please submit a word copy of your resume in confidence to IFGCalgaryRecruiter@ifgpr.com with subject heading “Assistant Controller, Corporate”.
For all other opportunities, please refer to ifg-global.com.