Salary Mid-Point: $110,000
Location: Chicago IL
Job Type: Permanent
- Anticipates and provides solutions to the most complex finance and accounting problems.
- Manages variety of ongoing accounting functions which may include day-to-day activities as well as more specialized accounting activities within corporate accounting department.
- Prepares profit & loss balance sheet accounts as well as group consolidations.
- Manages accounting staff, providing direction, setting goals and ensuring that overall department goals are attained.
- Financial reporting, and recoding of accounting transactions.
- Manages a team of accountants and other accounting support roles.
- Coordinates accounting services and integrates with operating needs.
- Oversees the management of functions such as property records, general ledger and general accounting services.
- May also be responsible for reconciliation of intercompany accounts, managing and controlling the fixed asset register, capital expenditure controls & reporting, statutory accounts production, corporate tax computation and/or cost center reporting and analysis.
Experience Desire or Required:
- Bachelor's degree
- 7 years of related experience
- Broad general accounting knowledge, including FASB and GAAP regulations
- In-depth knowledge of the insurance brokerage business
- Master's degree and public accounting experience or CPA preferred.
- Public company audit or accounting experience
- Exposure to new ASC 842 lease accounting standard
- Prior experience managing teams / personnel
For immediate consideration, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org