Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Product Management, and with a global remit, the Pricing Manager will work closely with Regional Sales Managers and Sales Leadership, Product Line Managers, and Finance leadership on a day-to-day basis.
The Pricing Manager will provide detailed pricing strategies for product lines at a Regional level, maintain a current competitive pricing library, maintain a unified Company Price Book, support tactical RFP/RFI opportunities with optimal pricing strategies, conduct ongoing analysis and present recommendations to optimize pricing, as an input to optimal corporate financial performance.
The successful individual will have strong analytic skills; ability to extract insights from complex datasets; experience with reporting and business intelligence tools; excellent communication skills with the ability to succinctly summarize and argue a particular position; be self-directed; recognize stakeholder needs, prioritize competing projects, and provide pragmatic solutions under time constraints and pressure.Desired Skills and Experience Position Responsibilities:
- Develop pricing and margin analysis for all customer RFPs/RFIs; balancing competitive environment
- Administer the Price Exception Process to ensure optimal efficiency, observing control points and reporting objectives.
- Support the Spend Agreement and Volume Purchase Agreement program and review process.
- Interact directly with Sales Managers and Leadership worldwide to understand pricing needs, and develop pricing strategies and quotes; that balance those customer needs and conform to margin and growth targets for the business.
- Source and synthesize competitive product/solution pricing strategies in order to construct and recommend competitive pricing strategies in response
- Collaborate with Finance/Accounting regarding revenue recognition and forecasting as required
- Collaborate with Legal on evolving pricing laws & rules, contractual language related to pricing, and ability to adhere to any pricing commitments made
- Support the customer profitability review process, working with the FP&A (Finance Planning and Analysis) team.
- Analysis of financial leakage, via Pricing and Margin, with a view to reporting conclusions and recommendations to stakeholders in order to improve company profitability.
- Work with product and business management to review price elasticity and any impact on revenue; to recommend where changes are needed to improve revenues and create demand for the assigned suite of products and services.
- Support the development of end customer and channel pricing structures and strategies, and strategic initiatives, that are relevant to our focus markets and facilitate scale
- Identify and support resolution of deviations from accepted business practices
- Take on other tasks and deliverables as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in related field, including Market Research, Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Business Analysis or Economics.
- 4+ years of experience in pricing analysis, reporting and strategy for a top tier B2B technology, Defense, or industrial company that sold primarily through an indirect channel model.
- Strong analytic, mathematical and statistical skills; ability to extract insights out of complex datasets and fact-base.
- Experience with reporting and business intelligence tools such as Power BI, Alteryx, Tableau, or Business Objects or similar tools a must; this is a role that requires you to get deep into the data moving beyond Excel; though, exceptional Excel skills are required.
- Must have excellent communication skills with the ability to succinctly and effectively convey complex concepts and situations orally and in written formats
- Self-directed, resilient and motivated with demonstrable ability to work with minimal day-to-day instruction and execute new assignments with general instruction
- “See the big-picture” – recognize stakeholder needs, prioritize competing projects, and provide pragmatic solutions; often under time constraints and pressure
- Demonstrate an understanding of cross-border selling issues (foreign exchange, taxation and duties, cash flow, etc.); understanding of distribution channels; understanding of price waterfall and potential price leakage points; and a general commercial acumen.
- To be considered for this opportunity please email your resume in word to email@example.com .