Salary Mid-Point: $75,000
Location: Chicago IL
Job Type: Permanent
Our client in the Northwest Suburbs is seeking a Senior Staff Accountant.
- Manage all tax-related items for the company, including license and business entity fees, sales tax registrations and keeping up with those licenses, annual company taxes, estimated tax payments, etc.
- Address all notices regarding the aforementioned taxes
- Perform tax research to ensure compliance, and coordinate supporting documentation with outsourcing agent for return preparation and filing;
- Perform sales and use tax reverse audits
- Provide tax audit support
- Ability to be an effective liaison with other areas of the business to improve compliance and support onboarding of new customers
- Perform internal audits of sales tax exemptions
- Manage corporate credit card; assist in managing user accounts and balances, collect and verify expenditures and backup, reconcile activity and record monthly journals in general ledger.
- Record fixed assets in accounts payable/general ledger, record and maintain assets in fixed assets module, tag physical assets at various locations, assist in conducting fixed assets audits.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Prepare and analyze monthly and year end account reconciliations as well as audit work papers.
- Assist with analyzing financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances.
- Assist with year-end audit.
- Continuously analyze current processes and suggest and implement process improvements in the area of responsibility.
- Document and update processes and procedures on regular basis.
- Serve as backup for occasional staff shortages in accounting (including AP, and Cash applications)
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3 + years of related experience, preferably in a Manufacturing or Brokerage environment within a tax environment
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance (CPA Preferred but not required)
- Experience with NetSuite a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including IF and lookup functions, pivot tables, graphs, etc. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, as well as having strong computer skills
- Strong knowledge of accounting software, ability to record transactions in various modules, create and run queries and reports, set up and utilize system to streamline processes
- Must be well organized, detail oriented and able to prioritize tasks and manage own time
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and use sound judgement to make decisions independently
- Proven ability to conduct accounting research and suggest accounting treatment according to GAAP
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with various levels of staff and other constituents
- Ability to interact with staff and vendors in a professional manner
- Flexibility to constantly learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org