Title: Education Partner Manager
Location: Downtown Vancouver
Duration: ASAP – June 2019 – STRONG possibility of extension
*This position will require ~20% travel*
The Education Partner Manager will lead the program in their assigned region working closely with school partners, industry volunteers, and community partners. The role will own the day to day management and success of the program in the region.
- Technical recruiting and relationship management
- Recruit, interview, and place TEALS volunteers
- Develop regional pool of engineering volunteers. Represent TEALS at companies, conferences,
- and external events
- Manage volunteers within the region, and ensure they have a great TEALS experience
- School relationship management
- Recruit, interview, and successfully onboard TEALS partner schools
- Drive student enrollment and diversity in partner schools
- Provide support to teachers as needed to build regional CS teacher capacity
- Build relationships with school district administrators, school building principals, counselors, schools, foundations, and in?service teachers.
- Training and Mentoring
- Train and support volunteers and teachers throughout the TEALS partnership
- Visit schools and providing observations in order to provide support and feedback to volunteers.
- Program management and operations
- End to end management and implementation of TEALS in the region in accordance with programmatic guidelines
- Build regional CS education community among students, schools, volunteers, and partners.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders from the regional educational community, corporate, government, and other organizations
- 4+ years of experience in CS and/or education
- Relevant experience in program and project management
- Volunteer recruitment and management
- Partner and stakeholder management
- Excellent project management skills and ability to deliver on time
- Experience in high school education and computer science, such as:
- Classroom or similar teaching experience
- AP CS A curriculum and the Java programming language
- SNAP graphical programming language
- Python programming language
For consideration, please email your resume to Mashail@ifgpr.com with "Education Partner Manager" in the subject line.