Title: User Experience Specialist
Contract: May 2019 – November 2019 with possibility for extension or to convert to full-time
IFG is on the search for a User Experience Specialist to support a client, a leader in the financial industry.
Our client is evolving many of their digital experiences into innovative, immersive and highly functional products delivering high value to our clients and partners. You will be directly involved in this exciting transformation. As a UX Designer on our User Experi ing to create an industry-leading experience for their customers. Working with a cross-functional team, you will be engaged in research activities, competitive analysis, sketches, empathy maps, user flows, wireframes, and prototypes, and you will work with the talented UI designers to create the eventual design assets as needed. You’ll be able to synthesize business requirements, research and design principles; solve problems; work within tight deadlines; and understand disparate customer profiles to ensure the final experience is of high quality and caters to the uniqueness of the targeted individuals. You will need to identify and solve problems; simplify complicated ideas; explore different design solutions and articulate for the user in each case; and present to and collaborate with a wide range of project team members and stakeholders.
· Consume and understand business, functional and technical requirements
· Conduct research to develop a thorough understanding of the targeted users, their needs, environment and behaviours
· Create and revise user flows, sitemaps and wireframes based on specifications, goals, needs and limitations
· Develop rapid interactional UX prototypes; verify design assumptions through concept and usability testing
· Lead design review sessions with project teams, acquiring consensus and approval on designs and documentation
· Create usability test plans using a range of methodology; ensure the integrity of the resulting analysis and synthesize research findings into actionable insights
Document detailed user experience specifications and provide to the development team; ensure final output matches UX specifications and visual design?
· Liaise with UI designers in the creation and provision of final visual mockups and interaction design, in keeping with Manulife brand standards, UX guidelines and accessibility legislation (AODA/WCAG)
· Contribute to an inclusive climate of collaboration and innovation
· Assist in project estimation and planning
· Ensure smooth end-to-end coordination of deliverables
· Coordinates with the Director and Manager of UX to ensure coherence with the Manulife digital ecosystem and team synchronization with the broader UX/UI community
· Interacts with the Manulife design system team, both to leverage assets and contribute to its development
· Minimum 6 years’ experience as a user experience designer or similar role
· Experience working on secure bank websites or similar; excellent skills in designing for different screen breakpoints (responsive & adaptive)
· Excellent experience conducting heuristic reviews, competitive analyses, and planning and conducting usability tests using online platforms and other methodology
· Great communication, including with dispersed teams
· 3+ years of experience working on complex web projects with medium to large-sized teams
· Very strong UX design portfolio
· Previous experience with Agile methodology
· User-focussed and analytical; committed to research and testing
· Bachelor's degree in design or a related field (computer science, human-computer interaction (HCI), communication arts, etc.)
· Expert proficiency in Axure RP
For consideration, please email your resume to Mashail@ifgpr.com with “UX Specialist -Toronto” in the subject line.