Project Management / Strategy / Content Creation / Measurement (50%):
• Contribute to the creation of content strategies that appeal to bank’s multiple digital audiences.
• Work with cross-functional teams to ensure timely and effective execution of powerful digital content to support marketing activities and brand awareness.
• Proactively make recommendations and enhancements to improve content on bank’s digital platforms
• Study the use of content by FI’s and other industries, and share-learnings and a POV with the Enterprise Content Team.
• Lead the development of bank’s digital content, ensuring consistency with business strategies, best practices, and brand guidelines.
• Lead the planning, definition, and implementation of the editorial/content strategy for the company’s web properties.
• Develop and maintain a content strategy for all web site content in partnership with appropriate internal stakeholders and outside vendors.
• Author and edit digital content in conjunction with Digital Managers, UX/UI designers and content team members
• Continuously improve content quality, with recommendations for content solutions that expand both the breadth and exposure of content offerings and audience reach.
• Assist in the monitoring, publishing, analysis and enhancement of site content, organization and presentation.
• Assist in creating and maintaining both manual and automated content workflows.
• Contribute to web application development initiatives by crafting, reviewing, or consulting on the content and display of field labels, controls, success and error messaging.
• Ensure best practices by writing and applying alt-text for images across bank’s websites, optimize web pages for search engines. Write content for meta keyword and description tags as needed
Relationship Management (20%)
• Cultivate interactive relationships with Senior Digital & Marketing Stakeholders to understand overall business objectives, identify opportunities and understand how digital goals can be maximized through all of the bank’s digital channels.
• Collaborate with partners to develop clear business and measurement objectives and work collaboratively to optimize digital results.
• Represent the Digital and Channels Marketing team on projects and initiatives, providing digital content expertise and identify opportunities to deliver resources that drive brand credibility/reputation, customer engagement and improve sales/lead performance.
• Provide competitive intelligence and insight into digital content landscape and assess the business value of online initiatives.
Change and Innovation (10%)
• Proactively identify opportunities and provide plans and recommendations to improve effectiveness and efficiency for both content as a whole and the processes we use to develop it.
• Stay up-to-date on industry changes and emerging technologies that provide opportunities for the Enterprise Digital Content Team.
• Be committed to researching and finding a better way to work with stakeholders, external vendors, freelance writers, teammates and other partners.
Risk Management and Control (20%)
• Abide by overall governance process for digital content, and contribute to optimizing it.
• Recognize new standards, create new processes and partner with enterprise services team to update them as needed.
• Understand requirements and monitor overall compliance to all digital policies, procedures, and brand guidelines for any/all digital properties within the bank, identifying areas of concern to be completed or escalating as needed.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
• Liaise with teammates to ensure content supports and enhances product launches, campaigns, and brand initiatives in order to meet business objectives and drive bottom-line results.
• Develop strategic and effective project plans, workflows and calendars to ensure the timely publication of Enterprise Content Team initiatives.
• Lead digital copywriting initiatives as part of bank’s cross-functional agile teams, from pitch and conceptual briefing to final copy and proofing.
Digital Content Strategist will:
- Create original web copy to motivate engagement and conversion, tailored to various audience segments.
- Collaborate with teams to develop meaningful product stories that are on-brand and on-strategy.
- Translate complex technical documentation into consumer-friendly language that drives action.
- Develop content for everything from product/service descriptions to short-form application copy, all designed to guide the customer through the consideration and purchase funnel.
- Present final copy to stakeholders and demonstrate the ability to support their content choices and negotiate/compromise when needed
• Update and maintain WordPress sites, Content Management Systems and SharePoint, as needed.
• Take a proactive approach to improving existing copy, as well as develop governance guidelines for ensuring maintenance, and removal of outdated content.
• Manage and maintain copy decks from start to finish (including internal client revisions, legal/compliance feedback, technical updates, accessibility copy)
• Help review other Content Strategists’ copy, editing for voice and tone, and provide guidance and insights on best practices where applicable
TOP SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
• In-depth knowledge of digital/mobile and user experience
• 5+ years of experience writing content for a digital corporate or financial audience, preferred
• Proven experience developing and implementing content marketing strategies across digital channels
• Experience executing a successful online customer experience from a content perspective
• Strong communication skills and excellent writing and presentation skills; self-motivation and creativity
• Resourceful self-starter who can analyze complex problems quickly and methodically
• Ability to work independently, with a disciplined and organized approach
• Ability to bring complex communication materials to life through effective collaboration and facilitation
• Ability to produce high-quality output in fast-paced, high-pressure, deadline-driven environment
• Working knowledge of marketing principles
• Team player and relationship-builder, able to effectively work cross-functionally and gain consensus when needed
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE:
• Strategic project management skills & the ability to educate and gain sign-off from senior stakeholders
• Familiarity and experience with Content Management Systems, HTML and other Web technologies
• Ability to oversee the work of external vendors
• Ability to guide and mentor interns and contractors
• Tenacious in meeting deadlines, well organized, adapt at juggling multiple priorities to meet deliverable dates
• Strategic project management skills
• Motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic
• Flexibility to quickly adjust to unforeseen changes in priorities and workload
• Bachelors’ Degree in English, Journalism or other writing/communication field