Title: Senior IT Financial Analyst
Location: Downtown Chicago
This is an exciting new opportunity to lead the Finance process for a large-scaled transformational multi-year project. The Senior Financial Analyst will provide financial and governance oversight for the new claims adjudication system. The position is critical to the strategic success of the company and will have high visibility into a cross-section of leaders within the organization. The program will run in an Agile environment and require weekly velocity work with IT, Business, PMO and Finance leaders.
Insight from Hiring Manager:
- Will work directly with a high-performing Manager and the department’s Director
- Strong “sleeves-up” finance technical skills
- Strong analytical experience and a thinker
- Strong Excel (e.g. pivot tables, vLookups, logic formulas, etc. – VBA not required)
- Will assist design and implement a standardized FP&A model in Excel to be used across the organization to support Corporate FP&A and PMO teams
- Strong communication skills (high exposure role working across multiple department with senior leadership)
- Individual contributor (no direct reports initially)
- Mentoring / Development: SFA will be mentored and developed by a high-performing manager (came to company through IFG)
- Software: Oracle, Clarity (for project reporting), SalesForce
- CFA a plus
This position is responsible for supporting the budget and forecast process for large and complex projects. Success in this position will require an excellent team player with an aptitude for understanding both financial and operational concepts and procedures for the groups supported. Continual development and practicing of sound relationship management with internal and external customers will be critical. Activities will include partnering with business, IT, Finance, and the PMO to track all program costs and manage the budget and forecast while also managing risks within the program. Areas of responsibility may also include: managing the program resource plan, financial initiatives and strategies; tracking invoices and SOW’s, managing accounting and invoicing systems / processes, capital planning / management for IT equipment / software, Enterprise Portfolio Management to include financial reporting, forecasting, and estimation, as well as managing financial goals and objectives.
- Analyze and research trends to determine applicable intervention activities.
- Gather and analyze key divisional and portfolio performance metrics and communicate these metrics from detail to summary level. Make presentations to all levels of management within the organization
- Identify risks/issues and assist in making recommendations on process improvements within Internal Operations and the Enterprise Portfolio and assist in their implementation.
- Create and manage complex business/financial models/business case cost estimation and benefit determination and forecasting. Build new complex models. Proactively communicate complex analysis in a concise, organized manner to both financial and non-financial senior leadership for decision making. Provide consultative services to business partners and senior leaders.
- Review analysis of financial reports prepared by team, i.e. variance analysis, staffing analysis, corporate reporting of Budget. Actual, metric reporting. Present and advise all levels of management within Internal Operations and the Corporate Portfolio on budget to forecast as well as review budget for accuracy.
- Consult and collaborate with internal and external teams (e.g. Project Management, Project Accounting, and HealthTech), coordinating processes and requirements to ensure accurate and timely delivery of analysis, business cases and project updates. Develop and maintain strong business relationship with business partners.
- Manage conflicting interests of business partners. Ability to challenge conventional thinking and facilitate robust conversations to address issues and drive results.
- Review analysis of financial reports prepared by team, i.e. variance analysis, staffing analysis, corporate reporting of Budget/Actual, metric reporting. Advise managers and peers in divisional budget preparation as well as review budget for accuracy.
- Review existing models for accuracy and build new complex models (Resource, Capacity, Sourcing, etc.) in regard to cost structure and funding processes. Analyze cost saving opportunities by reporting and measuring against metrics to assess the financial success of the program.
- Analyze cost savings opportunities; reporting and measuring against metrics to assess the financial success of the program.
- Coach and mentor team members in business knowledge and skill development. Provide feedback to management on staff development, goal creation, and performance.
- Collaborate and assist staff in their development which enables them to successfully complete assignments.
- Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with co-workers, management, customers, etc.
- Maintain complete confidentiality of company business.
- Maintain communication with management regarding development within areas of assigned responsibilities and perform special projects as required or requested.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Business, Economics or Finance or related field, plus 4 years of experience in accounting, finance, business, economics, OR 8 years of experience in accounting, finance, business, economics or other related field.
- Knowledge of tools/applications used within Internal Operations (i.e. Workforce Tools, Clarity CA PPM, and Oracle EPM.,
Strategically oriented; financial and business acumen skills.
- Knowledge with investment valuation techniques including ROI, NPV, EVA, RBC.
- Knowledge with lease/buy analysis.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in Divisional budget preparation.
- Manage conflicting interests of business partners.
- Challenge conventional thinking and facilitate robust conversations to address issues and drive results.
- Customer service skills including managing customers’ expectations and/or vendor relationships.
- Negotiation skills.
- Presentation, interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills.
- PC proficiency to include Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Lotus Notes.
- Detail oriented.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Experience in corporate Finance, FP&A, or PMO areas.
- At least 3 years’ experience with financial modeling; including building and driving budgets and forecasts.
- Experience with project and portfolio accounting.
- Analytical skills and results driven personality.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence up and across.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Knowledge of IT cost structure used to provide in-depth analysis around project costs (hardware, software, contract labor, absorbed labor and core budget costs).
For immediate consideration, please email your resume in Word format to Darrel Ward at DarrelWard@ifgpr.com.