Job Code/ Req#:
A financial institution located downtown Chicago has an immediate need for a Financial Analyst/Quantitative Strategy and Research Manager for the day-to-day management of key analytics and reporting activities within the Capital, Funding & Liquidity (“CFL”) team within US Corporate Treasury.
The Analyst must coordinate amongst both internal and cross-functional teams to pull, analyze, and socialize a variety of data, assumptions, and outputs of liquidity metrics. The Analyst will lead the development of new assumptions, tools, and processes to improve the efficiency, quality, and granularity of reporting to meet internal and regulatory requirements. The Analyst develops strong relationships across lines of business to facilitate greater understanding of their impacts to liquidity metrics, stress testing, and overall financial health of the US operations.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Assist in the identification of potential sources of stress (e.g. product features, counterparty behaviors and concentrations, contractual risks, etc.)
- Assist in the development of liquidity stress assumptions
- Transfer Pricing Initiatives, including both actual and forecasted charges for:
- Maintain documentation related to data lineage and usage in the transfer pricing initiatives
- Ensure timely and accurate production and analysis of monthly LTP charges and corresponding information required for finance and lines of business
- Develop dashboards for liquidity risk position tracking (i.e. Spotfire of Qlikview reports)
- Support projects throughout the organization acting as a subject matter expert on liquidity to assist where needed
- 4+ years of experience in a Financial Analyst/Manager role, preferably in Finance or Treasury OR 2+ years of experience in a Financial Analyst role and a Graduate Degree in Finance (e.g. MBA or Master of Finance)
- Knowledge of the financial industry
- Strong Proficiency in SQL (should be able to pull and manipulate data), MS Office
- Comfort and experience dealing with internal auditors, regulators, external parties, etc.
- SAS or Python experience would be an asset
- Expert knowledge of bank funding management, including rules and regulations
- Expert knowledge of financial analysis and modeling
- Deep understanding of the function as outlined, and of related industry best practices
- University Degree/College Diploma required
- CFP designation preferred.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume in word.doc format to email@example.com. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY.