A financial institution located downtown Chicago is seeking a Compliance Analyst to focus on updating procedures and governance documents (e.g., desktop procedures, policies, mandates, etc.) involving the inclusion of a new Current Expected Credit Losses (CECL) accounting standard. The Compliance Analyst will be responsible for analyzing financial information and prepare financial reports in relation to the allowance process and credit risk analysis.
- Focus on writing complex methodology document involving the inclusion of a new accounting standard (CECL), processes, etc.
- Good understanding of accounting policy, standards and financial statement analysis
- Expected to contribute to development and documentation of target operating model; some experience in org change would help
- Familiarity with internal / external audits and communicating with auditors and regulators. Documentation will be highly audited and reviewed by numerous parties
- Some understanding of financial models
- Proficient user of MS Office Suite products
- Good interpersonal skills
- 4-5 years’ experience in financial services/ risk management/ credit risk environment
- Strong verbal communication and written skills, ability to work with minimum supervision
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, ability to cope with a high degree of ambiguity and change
- Strong work ethic, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize and manage tasks and deadlines
- Ability to take initiative and manage additional accountabilities as required
- University Degree/College Diploma
For immediate consideration, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.