Responsible for the receipt, processing and auditing of various electronic payments according to NACHA rules.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives and logs ACH file transfers from customers.
- Confirms and validates the accuracy of files prior to system loading for processing.
- Monitors window processing within the PEP+ ACH core system. Identifies errors and follows up accordingly for resolution. Escalates issues to other staff members as needed.
- Performs end of day processing for large customer originators and ensures safe and sound close of business within ACH core system.
- Keeps accurate, organized and complete daily files in accordance with audit standards.
- Balances ACH FED Account in conjunction with the bank’s Accounting Department.
- Provides level 1 customer inquiry and phone support.
- Assists with customer setup and maintenance in the applicable ACH Core systems.
- Ensure full NACHA compliance within the ACH operation and ancillary components bank-wide.
- Complies with all applicable federal and state regulations.
- “LIVE” the Bank’s Mission Statement and “PRACTICE” the Bank’s Corporate Strategy.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 1+ year banking experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. ACH or similar payment processing experience a strong plus.
Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, percentages; and to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form and to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations.
Knowledge of Windows, Word Processing Software, Spreadsheet Software and general working knowledge of computers.
Certificates and Licenses
Accredited ACH Professional (AAP) a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit.
This Job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com