My client, a leading private equity investment manager specializing in the transportation sector, is looking for a Portfolio Accountant to join its dynamic and successful team in NYC. Their office is located in the Midtown area of NYC. The company is growing at a phenomenal rate via internal growth and acquisition! The company manages more than $1B+ in assets with a presence in both NYC and Chicago.
The Portfolio Accountant will report directly to the CFO and be responsible for supporting the accounting operations of the funds and firm.
- Responsible for all month-end close activities including preparing monthly financial statements and supporting schedules, recording monthly journal entries, preparing account reconciliations, and preparing bank reconciliations
- Calculate and forecast performance fees and prepare partnership allocations
- Analyze revenues and expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately
- Assist with bank covenants
- Assist with tax administration
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance
- 4+ years of relevant accounting experience (preferably in private equity or hedge funds)
- Advanced Excel
- Extremely effective communication
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.