Job Code/ Req#:
Jersey City, NJ
A financial institution located in Jersey City, NJ is seeking an Operations Specialist to fulfill routine and frequently non-routine transactions, internal business partner and/or external customer inquiries/requests, and/or audit/ reconciliation activities, and solve more complex issues efficiently and effectively in accordance with Bank and industry standards, focusing on up to a three-month time horizon. The Operations Specialist will follow procedures to resolve internal business partner and/or external customer inquiries/ requests and issues.
- Responsible for timely and accurate processing of defined collateral management functions.
- For all margin calls, review and agree to the exposure and manage disputes with counterparties
- Liaise with Front Office to source the appropriate collateral to deliver and factor in haircuts, collateral eligibility, and other collateral terms
- Manage dispute with clients on margin requirements and work internally with Front Office, VPC group, Others to come to effective resolution
- Instruct collateral movements downstream for settlement with counterparties
- Reconcile trading positions, collateral account positions and balances with the various exchanges, clearing brokers and counterparties
- Act as SME to translate business objectives into plans that can be implemented for small- to midsized initiatives, including process redesign to compliment the change management/ product support strategy for the commodity business unit, adhering to and maintaining established standards and practices; represent technical business needs and requirements in the introduction of new/ revised processes and systems
- Provide complete coverage of multiple desks during staffing shortages
- Maintain appropriate audit trails for all tasks
Top must have skills
- 5 to 7 years of related experience
- Risk Management experience
- Strong collateral management background
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, & Word. PowerPoint skills are a plus.
Nice to have skills
- Knowledge of Derivative Products (OTC and Exchange Traded)
- University Degree/College Diploma
For immediate consideration, please send your resume in word.doc format to firstname.lastname@example.org. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY.