Looking for a self-motivated, organized Accounting Manager with critical attention to detail and deadlines to manage the day-to-day financial operations of a fast-paced organization; and deliver high quality, accurate results, while efficiently maintaining and enhancing existing organizational systems and standards. The Accounting Manager will take a thoughtful, persevering, self-disciplined approach to managing a staff of 4, overseeing transactional accounting processes (general ledger accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable), cash management, timely and accurate monthly close, financial reporting, and internal controls. Interested candidate should possess at least 8 years of progressive accounting experience with the ability to lead a small team of staff; and strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, and presentation skills.
Responsibilities of the Accounting Manager
- Ensure that all financial transactions are appropriately recorded in the general ledger timely and accurately.
- Orchestrate timely and accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual closing processes. Prepare journal entries and review journal entries prepared by staff. Prepare monthly general ledger account reconciliations and perform detailed analysis on certain general ledger accounts.
- Generate timely and accurate financial statements, including detailed supporting documentation.
- Assist with corporate budgeting and forecasting. Perform monthly comparison of actual results to budget and forecast, and analyze and research unusual trends and variances.
- Evaluate and develop automated processes and procedures with appropriate internal controls to ensure all accounts payable and accounts receivable transaction are processed timely and accurately for inclusion in monthly financial statement reporting.
- Manage the entire accounts payable process and provide hands on support when needed.
- Complete special projects as assigned including a system upgrade project.
- Support the review, modification, and documentation of current accounting procedures.
Requirements of the Accounting Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- At least 8 years of progressive accounting experience with the ability to lead a small staff.
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, to a wide range of internal and external constituents.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, and prior experience with Great Plains beneficial.
International Financial Group will offer you career coaching, assist you in drafting a more effective resume, and help you prepare for interviews to give you a competitive advantage in securing your next employment opportunity. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply.
We are an experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated group of professionals working together to deliver a customized strategy that exceeds the needs and expectations of our candidates and clients. Our strict focus on Finance, Accounting, Tax & Audit allows us to remain agile and deeply engaged. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the candidates we represent and the specific needs and requirements of our clients. We understand that clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as to assist them with the successful execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional initiatives. We serve as trusted advisors, building lasting relationships with both the candidates we represent and our clients to ensure overall success; and have been recognized for our flexibility and ability to truly create a solution where everyone benefits, while never compromising quality.
We welcome the opportunity to meet with you and discuss in greater detail how we can be of assistance.