- Job Description:
An industry leader headquartered in Chicago is building out their corporate accounting function as they prepare to go public. Their competitive advantage in technology, pricing, process and support has led to explosive growth across the US. They are adding a strong Payroll Accountant to support a rock star Payroll Director.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 4 year college degree required
- 1-3+ years solid experience with payroll processing and time keeping software
- Experience using ADP Workforce Now or Ceridian Dayforce software preferred, though not required
- Familiar with state and federal tax and wage laws
- Strong computer skills, specifically in Excel; proficient in data entry and time management
- Excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to help a large employee base
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND PAYROLL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish and maintain payroll records for approx. 1,000 employees.
- Responsible for end to end processing of employees including auditing of payroll entries to ensure accuracy.
- Train managers & employees on payroll practices and company requirements and policies.
- Approves, tracks, and audits payroll transactions; implements efficient payroll processes and audits.
- Review and submit semi-monthly payroll file.
- Works with a sense of urgency to ensure payroll completeness and accuracy.
- Effectively communicates to employees, managers, and stakeholders on payroll deadlines to prevent disruption to the payroll process.
- Prepare reports (headcount, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.) for Management as needed.
- Ability to understand the interaction between the payroll and accounting functions.
- Supports the compensation & commissions teams to ensure seamless processing of bonuses and commission payments.
- Responds to exempt employee (including executives) inquiries, researches errors or omissions.
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Prepare and issue off-cycle checks when needed.
- Must be hungry to learn, own their role, and accel at delivering an exceptional client service experience.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume to email@example.com
*Only qualified candidates will be contacted.