Company: Finance Director, Regional
Industry: Service Industry (health care); private equity-owned
Compensation: $130,000 - $140,000 (no bonus)
Location: Near western Chicago suburbs
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Interviews: Week of February 11
- “One-and-done” interview at Company Headquarters
o 1) CFO (1 hour); 2) 2 Finance Directors – other regions (1-hour panel); 3) General Manager, Region (phone)
Key Requirements and Preferences:
- Strong Communication Skills (directly reports to CFO and presents to Board)
- Operational Experience (works well with General Managers and field operations across region)
- Hands on Technical Leader (vertically integrated role: no direct reports)
- Strong Sleeves-up Technical Skills (working with older version of Hyperion; create new analysis and processes)
- Budgeting, forecasting, FP&A, KPIs, capital analysis, bid analysis, month end reviews, upgrade and create new analytical processes
- Strong Excel Skills (Visual Basic preferred; pivot tables and related formulas required)
- Highly Motivated (take ownership of 1 of 3 US regions; 6 – 10 plant locations)
- No Direct Reports (collaborate with other 2 Finance Directors on a monthly basis and also with CFO)
Note: Company is completing a turnaround and looking for a motivated senior finance professional who likes to solve problems, improve processes and enjoys a challenging work environment. Morale is good and turnaround in final stages. Company has won new business and had renewed existing business so outlook is good that turnaround will be complete in 2019.
- Open on years of experience as long as candidate is high energy and can motivate the team
- Cannot be easily frustrated
- Must work well with Operations
Additional Company Information:
- Ongoing turnaround situation so overtime expected for the next 6 - 12 months until turnaround is complete.
- Company uses an older version of Oracle for ERP system and Hyperion Essbase for financial reporting. Also has Business Objects (SAP).
- Budget includes upgrade or change in ERP system and other software upgrades but this may not happen in 2019 as the priority is to complete turnaround and then make decisions on internal investment
- Company plans to grow organically, also potentially through M&A and also through potential new customers from other portfolio companies
For immediate consideration, please email your resume in Word format to Cameron Wall firstname.lastname@example.org.