Our publicly traded, client is adding a Director of Technical Accounting to their talented team. The ideal candidate has years of technical accounting experience with a publicly traded company or is coming out of a public accounting firm.
- Prepare technical accounting memos for new, complex transactions and drive the implementation of new accounting standards
- Lead the implementation of the new lease accounting standard – ASC 842 and serve as an internal expert on ASC 606
- Coordinate with External Reporting on financial statement disclosures related to new accounting guidance
- Track accounting issues to ensure oversight and SOX compliance
- Create, update, and enhance accounting policies, ensuring compliance with U.S. GAAP
- Provide training to the accounting and finance team
- Perform due diligence of potential acquisition targets and oversee purchase accounting for acquisitions, including reviews of valuations for intangible assets and goodwill
- Review other transactions, which could include license arrangements, divestitures, joint ventures, etc.
- Review significant contracts to evaluate accounting consequences
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- 9 + years of experience, with three years of heavy technical accounting concentration (e.g. 842, 606, etc.)
- Public accounting experience preferred, if not, public company experience required
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field of study
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required
For immediate consideration, or to learn more, email your resume to email@example.com