Job Title: Staff Accountant
Company Location: Northbrook (near north Chicago suburbs) – Commutable by public transportation
Industry: Service Industry
Under general supervision, performs general accounting work in one or more Global Finance areas. Analyzes accounts and reports. Reconciles general ledger accounts. Assists in the development and implementation of department policies, procedures, and programs in assigned areas. Advises management and employees in areas of expertise. Assists customers and other constituents.
- Performs general accounting work requiring originality and ingenuity with some latitude for un-reviewed decisions, in assigned areas.
- Applies fundamental accounting concepts and practices in assigned areas. Confers with supervisor on unusual matters.
- Communicates with management and employees regarding issues in accounting and recommends solutions. Explains and interprets department policies, procedures, and practices. Assists customers and other constituents.
- Assists in the development of new or revised policies, procedures, and programs by performing research and analysis. Develops recommendations concerning procedures and program features.
- Communicates with outside agencies or organizations to obtain or exchange information.
- Develops and maintains working knowledge of advanced concepts in assigned areas. Develops an awareness of how decisions made in assigned areas impact work in other functional areas.
- Stays abreast of current trends, and practices in area of specialization.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- University Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related discipline plus generally two years of directly related accounting experience.
- Detailed knowledge of accounting theories and practices in area of responsibility.
- Working knowledge of all other accounting procedures.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume in Word format to Cameron Wall at firstname.lastname@example.org.