Our client, a high-growth manufacturing company located in the NW suburbs, is looking for a Sr. Financial Analyst to join their team! The role is open due to a recent promotion. This highly visible role will be responsible for developing robust forecasting and budgeting processes and internal controls for the organization! The company was recently acquired by a $1.5B+ global company and this is a huge opportunity to be involved in the company's growth.
* Company: high-growth manufacturer that is expanding their US and global footprint
* Highly visible: daily interaction with the CFO and frequent interaction with the parent company and will be the main point of contact on all finance and controls matter
* Newly created role: you will design and implement the forecasting and controls processes so this is an exciting opportunity to own the process
Job Description Summary
- Participate in a month-end close process
- Analyze financial results, trends and metrics on a monthly basis. Communicate key drivers in regards to the full financial profit and loss statement
- Assist with a financial statement preparation and analysis.
- Responsible for preparation of Monthly presentation to management
- Perform monthly evaluations of expense spending and balance sheet transactions while providing support to operating management in controlling period cost and the balance sheet.
- Prepare standard and ad-hoc reports to assist in a monthly business reviews
- Analyze financial information to produce forecasts of business, industry, and economic conditions
- Develop, manage, and maintain KPI metrics
- Drive annual planning process and quarterly forecasts
- Provide year-end audit support and assist in periodic reviews
- Review expenses and operating statements including COGS (Cost of Goods Sold), product and overhead costs.
- Discuss key controls with control owners to identify any changes in existing controls or new activities which may require controls. Work with business owners to advise, assess and document key controls over financial reporting and facilitate their timely implementation.
- Performs tests of design and tests of operating effectiveness for key controls. A
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years in FP&A and/or accounting
- Manufacturing environment experience is preferred
- Previous audit/internal controls/SOX experience a plus
- Expert level skills in MS Excel plus other MS Office applications
Please send your resume to email@example.com for immediate consideration.