Our client in downtown Chicago is looking for a Senior Accountant who will play an integral role in all aspects of financial reporting, including consolidated financial statements, SEC filings, earnings releases, management reports and board reports. This position reports to the Manager of Financial Reporting.
- Prepare and/or review monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements, including those reported in the 10-Qs and 10-K for filing with the SEC and quarterly earnings release.
- Research and resolve day-to-day financial reporting issues, and assist with the resolution of significant, complex, and/or unusual transactions to ensure proper application of US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements.
- Assist in the creation of financial reporting-related policies and procedures.
- Responsible for various monthly close activities, including accounting for stock-based compensation and preparing and/or reviewing various journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Provide insightful financial analysis including explanations of variances between actual and prior period results and presents findings.
- Perform the Hyperion Financial Management admin role for the consolidation module, which includes responsibility for maintenance, security roles, chart of accounts, and mapping tables.
- Ensure continued compliance with internal audit and SOX requirements and identify process/control enhancements.
- Coordinate with auditors to assist in quarterly and year-end audit procedures, including audit requests.
- Manage process to review XBRL tagging with external vendor for 10-Qs and 10-K.
- Prepare ad hoc analyses for management and auditors, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting is required.
- A CPA is required.
- Minimum of three to five years of experience in public accounting, with experience working on publicly traded clients or related SEC reporting experience at a large, multi-national, publicly-held corporation.
- Big 4 public accounting experience is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP, including SEC reporting requirements.
- Ability to multi-task and manage shifting priorities and deadlines, with attention to detail, and an ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent documentation skills to be used in developing audit work papers and completing SOX reviews.
- Knowledge of Hyperion Financial Management financial consolidation software is a plus.
- Working knowledge of XBRL is preferred.
- Strong skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word).
Interested candidates should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org