Our client in downtown Chicago is looking for a Staff Accountant to join their US Accounting team. You will play an integral role with our A/P process, month-end close process, Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance, automation and process improvements. This position reports to the US Accounting Manager.
• Work with offshore shared services to efficiently prepare payment batches.
• Ensure sales/use tax compliance and accrue use tax when needed.
• Prepare journal entries, account reconciliations, and other necessities for our month-end close.
• Partner with financial analysts and Treasury to prepare monthly journal entries.
• Serve as subject matter expert for the A/P process from procurement through payment and provide requested information to business and finance team members.
• Assist with internal and external audit schedules; ensure that all tasks adhere to our control environment.
• Assist in development and implementation of accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures and recommending changes.
• Analyze financial information and perform other duties as assigned.
• Assist with 1099s, including collecting W-9s for new vendor set up when necessary.
• A bachelor's degree in accounting or finance.
• Understanding of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and the ability to apply them to business transactions.
• Understanding a Chart of accounts and how accounts roll-up to financial statements.
• Understanding of full cycle accounts payable processing, including three-way match and review for proper approvals, documentation, account coding and payment batches.
• The ability to adjust to a fast-paced environment and manage competing tasks by strict deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills to interact with varying levels of management and professional staff.
• Progressive thinking skills, a strong work ethic, and an aptitude for innovative solutions.
• Strong organizational, attention to detail and documentation skills, particularly to help with compliance with section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
• Familiarity with Coupa software and Oracle is a plus.
• 1-2 years of experience in an Accounts Payable role.
• 2-4 years’ experience in corporate accounting, audit or finance.
• CPA or CPA candidate a plus.
Interested candidates should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org