Senior Internal Auditor
Our Client in the transportation services field is looking for a Senior Internal Auditor will develop and manage operational, information technology (IT), and financial audits to determine: a) if appropriate internal controls have been implemented; b) are operating effectively to enable the achievement of business objectives; and c) ensure the accuracy of financial statements. In this role, the Senior Internal Auditor will ensure the Company Officers and Audit Committee are provided with reliable information on the state of internal controls and risks across the company.
Essential Job Functions
- Plan and conduct audits of financial, operational and IT processes; identifying risks to the organization and business process improvement opportunities.
- Execute fieldwork and prepare audit work papers that document the work performed and support the conclusions set forth in the written audit report.
- Prepare audit reports to operating and senior management, identifying the scope of work, an assessment of controls in place, audit findings that identify weaknesses, suggestions for improvement, and the corrective actions intended by management
- Perform follow-up procedures on management action plans.
- Develop an understanding of our accounting methodologies and IT systems.
- Review and test controls in both Financial and IT functions to ensure integrity and security of Company information assets and continuity of operations
- Assist with the performance of risk assessments and the development of audit programs designed to assess and test controls in accordance with risk-based audit objectives
- Assist external auditors with their audit work during SOX, interim, and year-end testing.
- Stay current on Internal Audit best practices.
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or changed from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with three or more years of audit experience.
- Must be proficient with Sarbanes Oxley Section 404 testing.
- Large firm auditing and/or consulting experience preferred.
- Professional designation, CPA, CIA, CISA or equivalent certification preferred.
- Project Management and audit program development skills, as well as a clear understanding of IT audit and general control concepts.
- Highly collaborative with the ability to build trusting and credible relationships at all levels.
- Excellent planning, decision making and judgment skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing to express facts and ideas in a succinct and organized manner and make clear and convincing oral presentations.
- Travel up to 20%, including International.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities as well as flexibility to adapt to change with new systems and methods while working in a team environment.
Interested candidates should send their resume to email@example.com