Identify, monitor, recommend and execute action on non-performing accounts. Must balance financial risks/rewards to Bank with working with and meeting the needs of the customer. Minimize loss and/or maximize return on investment through prompt and appropriate loss mitigation. Utilize strong negotiation skills and interpersonal skills, while adhering to all applicable guidelines, requirements and regulations. Maintain contact and follow-through to ensure appropriate resolution.
Non-Performing Account Resolution: Analyze varying customer issues/inquiries and non-performing accounts to determine appropriate solutions
• Contact past due customers and execute established procedures for the successful resolution of non-performing accounts, adhering to all applicable investor guidelines, requirements and regulations
• Respond to past-due customer-initiated requests and work with customer to resolve delinquency in a manner beneficial to all parties
• Negotiate the delinquent account resolution by balancing the financial risks/rewards to the bank with working with and meeting the needs of the customer
• Apply skip tracing techniques and strong negotiation skills when required
• Keep management apprised of complex or high risk situations or issues
• Build and maintain constructive relationships with internal and external business partners, suppliers, vendors and regulatory officials
• Stay abreast of and incorporate changing regulations and procedures and ensure compliance
Monitoring and Follow-up: Maintain accurate and timely information and records in Bank systems Analyze pertinent reports and function-specific data/metrics to identify delinquencies, default, foreclosure and other non-performing accounts
• Provide courteous and timely follow-up to calls and correspondence.
• Monitor proceedings in accordance with bank policies and applicable state and federal laws and guidelines
• Maintain contact with past due customers throughout resolution process to ensure appropriate follow-through and resolution
• Ensure compliance with government regulations, internal policies, procedures and guidelines for the purpose of audit and compliance
• Minimize losses by ensuring timely portfolio processing and effective decision making Stay abreast of where risk/impact resides.
• Make recommendations for reducing risk.
-Proficient PC Skills including but not limited to Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, etc.
-Working understanding of Consumer Collections and relevant function areas, including regulatory and consumer guidelines, pertinent documentation and initiatives (for example, property appraisals, Broker Price Opinions, Service Alignment Initiatives)
-Working knowledge of federal, state/provincial and local laws pertaining to Consumer Collections and functional area Familiarity with Auto Dialers and dialing platforms
-Excellent oral and written communication skills
-Strong interpersonal skills
-Strong customer service orientation (1-3 years)
-Keen analytical skills
-Attention to detail
-Negotiation and skip tracing skills
-Previous banking/F.I. experience/product knowledge
-Effectively deal with change and shifting priorities
-Strong and decisive problem solver
-Proven ability to work effectively in a fast paced and stressful environment
-Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize workload and meet deadlines
-Proficient knowledge of function-specific software and computer programs
-Ability to work independently
EDUCATION: High School Diploma
For immediate consideration, please email a copy of your resume to: email@example.com - local candidates only, please.