Looking for an organized, accurate, and highly analytical Director of Accounting with strong experience in technical accounting, operational accounting, and change management to lead, develop, and mentor a team of 15 in the performance of treasury, accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger accounting, and financial reporting processes of a dynamic $300M business that provides low value, high volume services and solutions. The Director of Accounting will be a proactive and adaptable leader who will work collaboratively across departmental functions to help scale the organization for future growth. Interested candidates should possess at least 15 years of progressive operational accounting experience in a matrixed organization, 5 years of management experience, and prior project accounting and revenue recognition experience. A CPA and MBA are highly desired.
Responsibilities of the Director of Accounting
- Manage debt agreements and banking relationships including principal & interest payments and debt covenant reporting. Manage credit reporting agency relationships.
- Oversee the general accounting functions, which includes inter-company accounting, cash management reconciliation, balance sheet management and royalty management. Lead AR Manager to ensure timely billing, cash application, and collections to ensure key metrics are met (DSO, % AR Outstanding). Oversee Accounts Payable functions, including corporate credit card accounts. Monitor the outflow of cash via the payables functions to include preparation and setup of wires.
- Perform cash reporting and forecasting.
- Manage all general ledger accounting functions including monthly closings and account analysis. Perform all corporate financial reporting including global consolidations and analysis of results. Ensures that company financial records are maintained in compliance with company policies and US GAAP. Responsible for reviewing monthly account reconciliations and other documents to ensure this compliance. Manage ERP system global chart of accounts and entity setup.
- Provide technical accounting GAAP guidance and support to all company entities. At times this may include involvement in due diligence and other activities surrounding acquisitions and/or dispositions. Identify and resolve technical accounting and reporting issues.
- Ensures that the accounting department is staffed with qualified financial personnel capable of meeting the objectives and responsibilities of the company. Monitor the continued development of associates. Set accounting department goals and lead accounting staff to achieve those goals.
- Partner with the finance and contracts departments to ensure company goals are being met.
- Plan and manage all internal requirements for year-end audits and coordinate with external auditors.
Requirements of the Director of Accounting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. MBA is highly a plus.
- At least 10 years of progressive operational accounting experience in matrixed organization, including at least 5 years of management experience.
- CPA is highly desired.
- Experience managing banking relationships and interpreting contracts
- Ability to identify and drive process improvements to better serve the business needs.
- Demonstrated capability to effectively manage in a global environment, deliver on corporate goals and initiatives, and escalate key issues to senior management timely with recommendations for resolution.
- Possess exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent computer skills including Excel and accounting software packages.
International Financial Group helps with effective resume development, career coaching, and interview preparation to give you an edge in securing your next employment opportunity. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply.
We are an experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated group of professionals working together to deliver a customized strategy that exceeds the needs and expectations of our candidates and clients. Our strict focus on Finance, Accounting, Tax & Audit allows us to remain agile and deeply engaged. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the candidates we represent and the specific needs and requirements of our clients. We understand that clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as to assist them with the successful execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional initiatives. We serve as trusted advisors, building lasting relationships with both the candidates we represent and our clients to ensure overall success; and have been recognized for our flexibility and ability to truly create a solution where everyone benefits, while never compromising quality.
We welcome the opportunity to meet with you and discuss in greater detail how we can be of assistance.