Title: PC Category and Program Manager
Contract: To June 30th 2019 with strong possibility of extension
IFG is on the search for a PC Category and Program Manager supporting a client in the IT industry.
Our client is an energetic and curious group of consumer sales and marketers who are not afraid to take on big challenges, who love to win but are not afraid to fail, who work as a team first, who are motivated by the consumer benefits of technology, and who make coming to work fun every day.
What they do:
Their team's charter is to maximize sales of Windows devices and Office software / services across channels by enticing consumers and small businesses into the device market and converting as many shoppers as possible. They work closely with the top OEMs, Retailers, and distributors in the market to ensure retailers assort the right devices and help them create a shopping experience (digital and physical) that clearly communicates the benefits of a modern Windows device with Office. With product innovations in gaming, productivity, biometrics, voice input, artificial intelligence, touch / pen and ink and business model innovations with Office as a service, there are many benefits to convey and always something new to figure out.
What this Role Requires:
An ability to translate innovative sales and marketing programs into quantifiable business growth for our client and their retail partners
Can spot trends early and seize opportunities pro-actively, or gracefully adjust course in the face of rapidly changing circumstances
An ability to understand and represent our products enthusiastically, and build channel sales and marketing strategies that work for those products.
The team is responsible for creating and leading, marketing initiatives, programs and campaigns designed to drive sales of Windows and Office Products as well as improvements in the PC purchase process.
The successful candidate will:
- Support the Category Lead to engage with account managers from OEM and retail teams to develop, manage and monitor a devices sales pipeline for leading retailers
- Understand the OEM roadmap and collaborate with the team to identify hero devices that deliver on strategic objectives
- Manage and monitor execution of investments and big bets in partnership with retail services and channel marketing that are aligned with the corporate vision, goals, strategies, and priorities
- Have a strong understanding of consumer electronics, devices and/or technology fields.
- Be a strategic thinker that can process data to identify partner, market and consumer gaps
- Deliver adhoc projects and initiatives to ensure we deliver on our commitments.
- Provide consumer segment and shopper insight data to help retailers assort PCs that deliver the best experiences
- BA or equivalent 3-year degree plus 4 to 8+ years product management and/or marketing experience in retail or related industry
- Proven track record of managing a multi-million revenue responsibility in a global organization.
- Ability to remain productive and focused in a fast paced, evolving and highly collaborative environment. Proven decision making and analytical experience in reviewing sales trends, market trends and operational trade-offs to drive accurate demand forecasts and increased sell-thru and market-share results.
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely - both orally and in written form and to effectively influence others in multiple groups and collaborate to achieve specific objectives.
- Ability to gain market and customer insights and to communicate to internal stakeholders.
For consideration, please email your resume to Jennifer@ifgpr.com with “PC Category and Program Manager” in the subject line.
Other opportunities can be viewed at www.ifg-global.com