Our client is looking for a Senior Internal Audit based in their downtown Chicago location
The Senior Internal Auditor will work collaboratively with other members of the Internal Audit department, and report to the Internal Audit Manager. They are responsible for the day-to-day execution of financial and operational audits as well as SOX compliance procedures. Internal Auditors assist in the identification of opportunities for operational and control improvements with the objective of mitigating risk and improving performance. Our Senior Internal Auditor gains valuable process-level exposure to many areas within the Company’s global business.
The Department assesses the reliability of financial reporting, compliance with laws and regulations, the efficiency of operations and fraud risk factors. This critical independent appraisal function of the Company is entrusted with objectively examining, evaluating and reporting on the adequacy of internal control and the safeguarding of assets and to deter and investigate fraud thus contributing to the economic, efficient and effective use of resources and to reduce the potential risks faced by the Company.
The Internal Audit Department reports directly to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, with day to day reporting to the CFO.
The internal audit organization is a training ground for high performers seeking a developmental assignment and exposure to the global operations of the Company.
- Assists with audit planning through process understandings, risk assessments, and scoping
- Performs financial and operational audits of the Company’s national and international locations by testing and documenting procedures
- Documents the results and conclusions of the testing procedures performed and communicates areas of concern or potential operating weaknesses to the Lead Senior or Manager and management
- Partner with auditees to effectively remediate issues identified through audits.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in audit processes and methodologies in the Internal Audit Department and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans.
- Assists with drafting the audit report for assigned sections and audit findings, in a timely and effective manner.
- Partner with Managers to identify constructive and value-added solutions for management.
- Reviews process documentation and perform inquiries and test of controls over financial reporting to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 for assigned controls.
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or business-related field OR Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems or other Information Technology-related field.
- Three or more years of increasingly responsible audit or accounting experience (Big 4 or equivalent preferred).
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or equivalent is preferred
- Experience working with an Internal Audit function as a Lead/Senior, either as an employee or consultant/adviser is preferred.
- Report writing experience preferred.
- Business/operations/manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Strong understanding of SOX processes including ability to design and execute SOX test plans, assist with remediation efforts, and properly document testing results.
- Knowledge of SAP and data analytical audit tools (e.g. ACL) is a plus.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally - 30-35%
Interested candidates should send their resume to email@example.com