Quality Assurance Analyst
Job Code/ Req#:
West Allis, WI
A major financial institution located in West Allis, WI has an immediate need for a Quality Assurance Analyst to be accountable for monitoring adherence by Global Product Operations function units to operational, underwriting, documentation, and regulatory standards as prescribed by the bank, third party lending partners (such as Secondary Markets or Private Mortgage Insurers) and applicable residential banking regulations. Independent Controls is the Product Operations Business Unit responsible for and testing of key internal controls and regulatory compliance as it relates to Operations, reconciliations, operational governance and oversight, logical access governance, and business continuity management. The group reinforces the bank’s “1st line of defense” by providing controls and oversight for all Product Operations in support of all pillars of the bank.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
Business Delivery and Operational Effectiveness (40%)
- Perform ongoing monitoring of Product Operations business unit processes to determine whether services are delivered according to specified requirements.
- Review a representative sample of in-process or completed transactions to identify errors or defects according to established policies and procedures
- Meet internal Quality Assurance production targets for the timely completion or reviews and other prescribed metrics.
- Identify, track and escalate deficiencies identified during the review process and disseminate a review report providing details of the finding(s).
- Communicate gaps and deficiencies and escalate issues to the Head of Quality Assurance, Head of US Independent Controls and/or P&C PO senior management on a timely basis and as necessary.
Risk Management & Quality (40%)
- Complete all Quality Assurance reviews according to procedural standards, properly identifying and reporting Product Operations business unit performance according to Quality Assurance review methodology.
- Identifies risks associated with mortgage loan files, escalating issues to manager.
- Create and maintain adequate monitoring support documentation, such as narratives, flowcharts, process flows, testing summaries, etc. to support the results of the reviews, including the write up of findings/issues for reporting.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the internal procedures for the Product Operations business unit being reviewed, including the ability to articulate the relationship between business processes and regulatory or other business risk mitigation.
- Assist in the development of or modifications to the Quality Assurance monitoring scorecards used to conduct ongoing review of processes and controls.
- Act in full compliance with Bank policy and external regulations to protect the Bank's assets.
- Handles all customer information with highest level of confidentiality and security.
Developing Business Relationships (20%)
- Provide excellent customer service to the Product Operations business units through professional written and verbal communication
Identify and professionally communicate any areas of improvement needed relating to a Quality Assurance review.
- Ensure business unit needs are met or exceeded by resolving complaints in a timely manner
- Assist business units in applying appropriate standards and/or guidelines to support the daily internal control governance for P&C PO US business units.
- Manage and resolve day-to-day issues related to internal processes and controls with business partners.
- Provide ongoing support to the continuous improvement process of the business unit.
- Project a professional and consistent image by adhering to organization’s brand, corporate identity and standards at all times.
- Minimum of 1-3 years' experience in a similar role - QA, underwriting, sales, retail banking, loan document processing
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to interact and communicate with the department and Line of Business personnel
- Excellent judgment, logic and reasoning
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Undergraduate degree
- Prior banking/FI experience
- Working knowledge of consumer credit transactions about underwriting, loan structure, documentation, servicing, collections, and compliance requirements.
- General understanding of regulatory and secondary market requirements, policies and procedures and vendor requirements within the reviewed areas.
- Working knowledge of regulatory and industry standards and trends.
For immediate consideration, please send resume and salary expectations to email@example.com. Local candidates only. Thank you.