If you’re an innovator with an entrepreneurial spirit, we want you to join our client’s growing team as a Finance Director. The Director of Finance is a key member of the global finance leadership team. This position reports functionally to the Vice President Finance and will oversee financial planning and reporting resources and processes in support of all US, Canada, and Mexico’s business entities as well as functional support for the Operations and Marketing shared service teams. The position will have the primary responsibility for maintaining the day to day planning, forecasting, reporting and analytical framework that enables the decision support processes for our business leaders. The position is located in the western suburbs.
Finance Director Job Description:
- Deliver annual operating plan in efficient, effective and accurate manner. Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the VP Finance; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Deliver operating targets recommended by management and agreed to by the Board by making, supporting, and influencing key business decisions.
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all business units, and oversee all financial, projects/programs.
- Maintain accuracy and integrity of financial forecasting process.
- Produce timely and effective financial performance reporting and metrics.
- Bring insight through analytics.
- Act as catalyst for performance driven culture by establishing a regular operating review rhythm with the businesses emphasizing performance accountability.
- Continuous operational analysis and improvement on existing and future businesses.
- Update and implement all policies and procedures relative to core areas of business process responsibility.
- Develop and mentor staff to achieve short term and long-term goals of finance organization.
- Management Support:
- Supports fellow managers by keeping abreast of the overall business activities of the organization, analyzing a broad range of management and operational information and identifying issues to be addressed and initiatives to be undertaken.
- Supports fellow managers by ensuring that they have the tools and information necessary to develop and implement their business plans.
- Ensures management team is up to speed on emerging business trends and assist them in modifying business plans and practices to take advantage of opportunities and mitigate risks.
- Performance Management & Accountability:
- Together with other members of the management team, maintain a performance management system that stresses accountability, clearly articulates expectations and facilitates effective decision-making.
- Together with other members of the management team, develops key business indicators and ensure that management has access to the information needed to make quality business decisions.
- Risk Management:
- Oversees the identification and monitoring of financial and operational risks, and the development of strategies to address those risks.
Finance Director Required and Desired Experience
- 7-10 years’ experience in a commercial financial planning & analysis capacity in mid/large public company.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance required. MBA or CPA highly desirable.
- Solid proven experience in a multi-unit, matrixed business environment.
- Complete understanding of executing financial strategies through planning, forecasting and analytical methods.
- Extensive knowledge of financial and accounting principles, practices, and procedures. Working knowledge of US GAAP and financial statement preparation.
- Ability to interpret, report, and provide advice and partnership on a variety of accounting and financial management matters; ability to produce concise and complex financial statements and reports.
- Analytical, with the ability to receive and interpret information, analyze multiple variables and make effective decisions under pressure, in a high-volume, fast paced matrix business environment.
- Proven excellence in financial process and operations. Demonstrated competence and experience in implementing and managing rigorous, disciplined financial processes, controls, systems and measurements.
- History of leading and managing high-performance teams across diverse workflow activities.
- Ability to be hands-on as well as strategic.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Advanced technology skills. Proven experience with advance finance and analytic tools. Prefer strong TM1 experience or comparable enterprise planning software applications.
Interested candidates please email your resume to email@example.com