Our west end Insurance client is currently recruiting for a Director of Finance. Reporting to the CFO, this position is responsible for managing the overall financial operations of the company while providing direction to Senior Management and the Board. If you have 10+ years of Insurance Finance experience with 5+ years leading a team, we have a great role for you!
In this role you will be responsible for various duties including, but not limited to:
- Provide leadership to the finance team setting annual goals and ensuring alignment with overall strategy.
- Act as a technical expert for the Company, partnering with operational managers to provide guidance and decisions on accounting treatment for various issues.
- Responsible for accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting under IFRS including presentation of results to all stakeholders.
- Create simplified financial communication processes and reporting tools including balanced scorecards, dashboards, and capital and ratio analysis.
- Establish a framework for developing plans and objectives, budgets and capital management forecasting, tactical and strategic initiatives as outlined in the strategic plan.
- Review the preparation of quarterly tax provisions, monthly income and premiums tax installments and annual preparation of income and HST returns.
To be considered for the role, our client is looking for someone with the following qualifications:
- University degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA required.
- 10 years of Insurance Finance experience with progressive responsibility, including a minimum of 5 years successfully leading and developing a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills; Ability to effectively convey ideas in a persuasive and eloquent manner.
- Ability to make excellent decisions in complex and high-pressure situations.
If you meet the requirements and are interested in this position, please apply in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org