Salary Mid-Point: $85,000
Location: Chicago IL
Job Type: Permanent
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT OPPORTUNITY IN THE NORTH SUBURBS!
- Performing various accounting procedures and analysis related to the proper statement of inventory balances.
- Month end closing procedures & account reconciliations
- Identify efficiencies to streamline processes and procedures
- Work closely with internal and external auditors to complete Audit schedules (interim/year end) and Sarbanes Oxley controls review/testing to ensure compliance
- Travel to perform physical inventory observations at distribution facilities. This includes related book-to-physical inventory reconciliations and adjustments
- Complete trial balance review and limited budget/forecast preparation
- Ad Hoc analysis and projects as needed
- Ideal candidate will have a degree in either Finance or Accounting, with minimum 4+ years of accounting experience.
- Strong leadership skills with ability to lead and motivate individuals
- Must work independently and use critical thinking/judgment skills to make sound decisions with minimal daily direction from manager
- Ability to understand and follow inventory transactions and the implication they have to the Financial Statements.
- Excellent communication, detail analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Must have strong organizational skills, along with the ability to prioritize and manage many initiatives simultaneously.
- Proficiency in Excel (complex spreadsheets).
- Experience in Essbase (or comparable reporting tool), PeopleSoft (or comparable ERP systems), Microsoft Access and Word is a plus.
- Understanding of basic distribution warehouse operations, transactions, and the financial impacts is beneficial.
- Approximately 10% travel is required
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org