COST ACCOUNTANT OPPORTUNITY IN THE NORTH SUBURBS!
The Cost Accountant is responsible for gathering data to determine the cost of raw materials, labor, overhead, cost of goods manufactured, value of inventory and the overall profitability of business activities. This position is responsible for preparing financial reports and reconciliation of pertinent general ledger accounts. Additional duties include safety initiative oversight, collaborating with the Business Unit General Manger and operations team, and other projects as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain standard costs.
- Analyzes data obtained and documents results.
- Analyzes changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services provided, to determine effects on costs.
- Analyzes actual manufacturing costs, and prepares periodic report comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Provides management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Accountable for the analysis and explanation of monthly gross profit/margin results.
- Accountable for recording the proper cost of sales which includes analysis by product line, customer, and territory.
- Responsible for the analysis and reconciliation of book to perpetual inventory levels.
- Performs reconciliation of pertinent general ledger accounts and ensures that adjusting journal entries are prepared and posted.
- Prepares monthly cap and roll analysis and related journal entry.
- Assists in the preparation/entry of month-end journal entries and assigned balance sheet reconciliations for the general and cost accounting areas.
- Responsible for the analysis and posting of all Post-Inventory Transactions in ERP system for business units.
- Organizes and prepares the analysis of pricing and costing arrangements to appraise operating results in terms of profitability and performance against budget.
- Prepares cost accounting and inventory requirements and coordinates all spending costs as part of the annual budgeting process.
- Communicates effectively with company employees and management.
REQUIRED SKILLS / ATTITUDES:
- BS in Accounting/Finance from an accredited institution.
- 5 -10 years of progressive financial experience; manufacturing background in a multi-plant environment required.
- Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
- Must have a strong cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principals
- Experience working with operations, engineering and manufacturing team members on the development and analysis of cost standards
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, Outlook and ERP experience
- Strong financial management
- Detail oriented and thorough
- Demonstrated problem solving and analysis
- Strong communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Good work ethic
Please email resume to email@example.com