Supports the daily payment processing, reconciliation, and customer servicing needs of the FX Operations department and set of customers. Maintains relationships with vendors, the Bank’s FX Desk, other divisions, and bank account officers will be a regular part of the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Ensures smooth processing of day-to-day international payments initiated by the bank’s FX Desk and Wire Transfer group, as well as customers via online banking channel.
· Reconciles foreign Nostro, FX clearing, and DDA accounts relative to anticipated trade settlements.
· Performs investigations with foreign and domestic banks regarding international payments.
· Works closely with FX Desk on day-to-day rate application and/or applicable settlement matters.
· Processes daily foreign and domestic payment obligations via SWIFT, Fedwire, and/or internal bank systems.
· Performs daily workflow and send/receive efforts around SWIFT messages.
· Assists in building and verification of settlement instructions and customer/user profiles in internal bank system.
· Performs daily international payment reports (P/L, trade blotters, volumes, etc.).
· Communicates efficiently with internal and external counterparties on settlement, research, and customer service related matters.
· Assists with system test initiatives around additional functionality, enhancement, and/or defect fixes as applicable within the bank’s international payment product set.
· Becomes cross-trained and acts as a back-up for domestic Wire Transfer and/or International ACH responsibilities.
· Complies with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
· “LIVE” the Bank’s Mission Statement and “PRACTICE” the Bank’s Corporate Strategy.
· Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or GED and 1+ year banking experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Experience with the accounting and technical components of International Operations and Systems, knowledge of Foreign Currency markets and conversion, and SWIFT experience are preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Knowledge of Windows, Word Processing Software, Spreadsheet Software and general working knowledge of computers.
Certificates and LicensesIndustry payment certification(s) a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please email your most up to date resume to firstname.lastname@example.org