Company Name: Marketing / Advertising Agency
Job Title: Accounting Manager
Location: Chicago, IL (Chicago Loop)
- Our global company brings the spirit of brands to life. Our clients include a wide range of the worlds’ top brands and marketers. We have a positive culture and work environment that promotes personal and professional growth. Having developed an insightful, strategic, brand-building process for creating advertising campaigns, we have adapted this same thinking to promotions, digital, direct, the Internet, CRM, premiums and events. The result is unique solutions that cover the gamut of marketing channels.
- The Accounting Manager position would be responsible for leading all accounting activities for the North America Office. The position will be based in Chicago and will manage three staff members. The position reports to the Global Controller (also located in Chicago).
- Oversee all accounting activities for the North America business unit which includes Chicago/Nashville/Toronto entities to ensure compliance with local statutory requirements and US GAAP
- Supervise & manage month-end general ledger close
- Conduct regular reviews for controls and balance sheet account reconciliations
- Analyze income statements, department expenses and cash flows, and provide variance analysis on financial statements monthly/quarterly/annually
- Manage annual and interim external financial audits with internal teams and external auditors
- Manage and prepare the annual tax packages submitted to parent company (also headquartered in Chicago)
- Develop the team to perform at a consistently high level, set goals in accordance with overall company goals, and conduct performance reviews for staff
- Partner with Global Finance and Client Finance teams to establish and implement best practices and improve processes
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience in finance and accounting, with 1+ years in a managerial role
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required
- Proficiency in US GAAP accounting required.
- CPA desired
- Experience with a marketing agency and/or a technology company would be a plus
- Strong Excel required
- Familiarity and comfort with ERP and BI systems desired
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills required
- Comfort working with and ability to explain financial concepts to non-finance personnel
- Proven ability to appropriately prioritize work, complete tasks within deadlines, work hands-on
- Experience with Canadian Tax/Payroll a plus
For immediate consideration, please email your resume in Word format to Cameron Wall at email@example.com.