Company Name: Technology
Job Title: Senior Auditor (private company)
Location: Northbrook, IL (near north suburbs)
- Contribute to a Safer, More Secure, and More Sustainable World. We know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose – to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. Our integrity is woven throughout our company and shapes the way we approach and deliver our solutions. We are proud that the work we do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. We continue to build upon our legacy of trusted expertise and partnership to keep our communities safe and secure as we march forward into the future. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier too.
- Looking for a motivated and proactive individual with a high degree of integrity and positive energy to join our team!
- This is a high visibility Senior Internal Auditor role and would be responsible for the following activities at a minimum:
- Working with the audit team to plan, conduct and supervise complex financial, operational and information systems audits to verify accuracy, completeness, authorization, and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal control processes.
- Perform data analysis to identify risk trends in company or business units.
- Assesses compliance with established policies/procedures or best practices by reviewing internal controls, testing transactions and making recommendations for process improvement.
- Assists Lead or Managers with project management for audits, such as planning, staffing, scheduling, coordinating, report development, and performance assessment.
- Will assist with the preparation of the annual Internal Audit risk assessment.
- Plans and executes audit programs to achieve audit objectives by performing audit steps, coordinating audit activity and preparing documentation under general direct supervision.
- Develops, reviews, edits and submits audit reports that support audit conclusions and makes improvement recommendations.
- Cooperates with outside auditors in support of the external audit.
- Trains and develops peer audit and loaned staff resources, and may provide input into performance review process.
- Develop audit reporting summary and communicates recommendations to auditees and department management at appropriate level of detail.
- Provides written and verbal updates with regional management and senior leadership of company on regular basis.
- Demonstrates practical knowledge of financial accounting and auditing principles, detailed knowledge of auditing procedures and operational controls, and working knowledge of financial management.
- Demonstrated ability to operate with some latitude for independent action or decision and seek guidance when needed.
- Demonstrated ability to understand relative importance of issues discovered in financial and operational audits.
- Can exercise independent judgment on broad assignments where systems and procedures are not always defined.
- Ability to participate in varied assignments that require evaluation, originality and ingenuity with some latitude for independent decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare working papers that record and summarize audit results and recommend improvements in policies or procedures and meet performance standards.
- Travel as needed to conduct audit activities (up to 50%).
- May be asked to perform other duties in support of department or company objectives.
- Candidate will have a University degree in Accounting, Finance or a related discipline plus three to five years directly related auditing/financial experience, including at least 2 years with a large public accounting firm.
- Candidate possess or must be actively pursuing CPA, CIA, or CISA certification.
- Practical knowledge of financial accounting and auditing principles.
- Detailed knowledge of auditing procedures. Working knowledge of operational controls and financial management.
- Desired: Fluency in the following foreign languages: Mandarin, Japanese, German, or Italian.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume in Word format to Cameron Wall at email@example.com.