Company Name: Technology Company
Job Title: Senior IT Auditor
Location: Northbrook, IL (near north suburbs)
- Contribute to a Safer, More Secure, and More Sustainable World. We know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose – to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. Our integrity is woven throughout our company and shapes the way we approach and deliver our solutions. We are proud that the work we do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. We continue to build upon our legacy of trusted expertise and partnership to keep our communities safe and secure as we march forward into the future. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier too.
- Demonstrated experience and in-depth knowledge of businesses/operations and internal audit processes.
- Assists department management with risk assessment activities, staff development, and staff performance assessments.
- Plans, executes and supervises financial, operational and information systems audits to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal control processes.
- Identifies internal control issues/opportunities by reviewing internal controls, testing transactions, and analyzing data and recommends high value added improvements to management.
- Communicates business risks, control issues/opportunities, and recommendations via reports.
- Provides project management for audits, including planning, staffing, scheduling, coordinating, report development, and performance assessment.
- Executes audit programs to achieve audit objectives by performing audit steps, coordinating audit activity and preparing documentation.
- Develops reviews, edits and submits audit reports and work papers that support audit conclusions and high value added improvement recommendations requiring very minimal editing by management.
- Cooperates with outside auditors in support of the external audit.
- Plans, executes and supervises complex audit assignments. Works under very limited supervision of the department management.
- Formally trains and develops audit staff, and provides significant input into performance review process.
- Communicates recommendations to auditors and department management.
- Travels as necessary to conduct audits.
- Provides project management on audits, and provides direction and guidance to audit staff.
- Assists in the development of risk assessment.
- Demonstrates the ability to identify an issue through planning, inquiry, testing and/or analysis that later developed into a recommendation that created high customer value.
- Shown capability of formulating and presenting control assessments to clients and UL Management.
- Assists department management in planning and scheduling audits based on the audit plan approved by the audit committee.
- Assists in addressing team morale issues as they arise.
- Proactively markets the department as “world class” and as a high value add resource to the organization.
- Demonstrates ability to think creatively and to develop new risk based audit methods, programs, procedures, processes or techniques.
- University Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science Accounting, Finance, or a related field plus 2 to 4 years of auditing and/or equivalent experience.
- Detailed knowledge of financial, operational and internal systems auditing processes.
- Demonstrated ability to present oral and written audit conclusions.
- Professional designation (CPA, CIA, CISA, etc.) or willingness to pursue certification
For immediate consideration, please email your resume in Word format to Cameron Wall at email@example.com.