Our Fortune 500 Client will be hiring an additional Staff Accountant to support their Global Controller's Department. Their ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of experience in public accounting and/or publicly traded organization. Strong interpersonal skills and inquisitive nature are of particular interest.
- Review, process, gather, and compile accounting transactions and documents throughout the month for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with general accounting principles and established internal control policies and procedures.
- Ensure financial integrity and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close processes.
- Responsible for a variety of journal entries including home office allocations, accruals for 401K, medical, group insurance, 401K, and reclassification to prepaid expense.
- Prepare more complex balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Review and coordinate work performed by the offshore accounting center close team.
- Work with various parties, both within the Corporate Accounting group as well as other corporate departments and other divisions, to accomplish goals, resolve issues and enhance and improve processes.
- Maintain and update system documentation and training materials.
- Support SOX compliance efforts.
- Provide financial data extraction, insight, and analysis.
- Special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or partial progress
- Minimum of one to three years of experience in corporate accounting or public accounting
- Strong Excel skills (lookups, pivot tables, intermediate functions)
- Good working knowledge of accounting standards
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, business partners and senior management
- Strong organizational and time management skills with a detail oriented focus
Our client offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more!
Qualified and interested candidates email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org