Senior Accounting Manager
If you are interested in working for ethical company in the pharmaceutical industry, look no further. An internal promotion due to growth has created your opportunity to lead the department and its broad scope of duties.
The Senior Accounting Manager will be responsible for month-end and year-end close process, monthly GL reconciliations, support SEC disclosures, and quarterly invoicing. This individual works closely with other members of the Finance Team, operations and external auditors.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Prepare routine and complex accounting transactions in accordance with US GAAP and company guidelines.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year end close by completing the areas of her responsibility before due dates. Complete the accounting and complex calculations for stock compensation expense, and restricted stock units.
- Calculate forfeiture rates for options, RSU, and ESPP for determining proper expense.
- Assist in preparation and coordination of the audit process by providing key reports and reconciliations to the auditors.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of all investment and debt accounts, journal entries to record activity, and test the interest reasonableness schedule.
- Support SOX compliance process, including auditor walk through.
- 10Q and 10K Reporting: Ability to work closely with the Associate Director SEC and Controller to assist with the preparation of the 10Q and 10K reports. Duties include quality control and tie-out of the 10Q and 10K.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field
- Minimum 9 years prior experience in the general ledger area
- Big Four accounting firm experience, a plus.
- Prior experience in a Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Biotech Company preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
For immediate consideration please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org